Gro Mor Vacuum Seeder (review)

Setec Astronomy
Reactions:

Gro Mor Vacuum Seeder (review)

Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:34 pm

I couldn't find anything here about this kind of tool so I thought I would post my 2 cents.

I was taking advantage of the free shipping noted in this thread post61369.html?hilit=harris#p61369, and the Gro Mor Vacuum Seeder caught my eye (the package actually calls it a Mini Wand Seeder, and Harris also sells it at Amazon as the GardenTrends Vacuum Hand Seeder):

I've struggled with small seeds like strawberries and basil, so I decided to give this a shot even though it seemed expensive ($27.50 at Harris). Well, I used it today, and it worked great, it's got the regular tip which should be fine for most tomato seeds, and then it's got the little Luer-Lock tips in various sizes that they have bent for easier pickup, that slide over the regular tip. That doohickey in front of the tips is a magnifier attachment which seems a little hokey but I didn't try it.

Anyway, it took just a bit of getting used to, but if it isn't apparent, you squeeze the air out of the bulb, let go and suck a seed up onto the tip, then move it to where you want to put it, and squeeze the bulb to drop it. The little case that the tips go in, the lid can be used for a seed holder.

After looking at it, and my wife commenting that it looked like a...nasal syringe (not exactly the phrasing she used), I realize it would be pretty easy to make your own, maybe if someone has done that they can share for the benefit of future readers.

Return to “Seed Starting”