Jay's Peach Ghost Scorpion pepper

DMF
Reactions:

Jay's Peach Ghost Scorpion pepper

Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:40 pm

Based on my experience, the genome seems very stable. When the plant is robust the pods I get are consistent, though a perfect color match is rare.

However, the viability of the seeds has been hit and miss. Last year the seeds mostly failed to sprout or looked weak. I was able to get 5 into pots last year, but only one has come back to full power this year, and that late, with a low rate of production. (To be fair, three may have been "interfered with", and there is the lack of sun.)

So, does anyone have known good seeds (or pods) they can send me? I have a lot of seeds for trade, though most are aging. Lots of fresh Shattahs, which everyone should grow -- those guys are insane!

Help a brother out?
Stupidity got us into this mess. Why can't it get us out?
- Will Rogers

zendog
Reactions:

Re: Jay's Peach Ghost Scorpion pepper

Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:38 pm

How many seeds do you need? I grew it this year and isolated and saved seeds from one pod. So I don't have a ton, but could probably spare 10 seeds and still have enough to start my plants for the year. My plants were from isolated seed from White Hot Peppers, so I think they are true.

DMF
Reactions:

Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:04 pm

zendog wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:38 pm How many seeds do you need? I grew it this year and isolated and saved seeds from one pod. So I don't have a ton, but could probably spare 10 seeds and still have enough to start my plants for the year. My plants were from isolated seed from White Hot Peppers, so I think they are true.
Ten would do me fine if they're vital. If I can get three good starts out of them then I'm happy. Good production and color? I'll PM.
- Will Rogers

zendog
Reactions:

Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:13 pm

Yes, good color and production. I also grew Peach Ghost Jami (from open pollinated seeds from White Hot Peppers) and a Peach Bhut Jolokia (from Baker Creek) and have seeds of those as well, although they weren't isolated so I can't guarantee they're not crossed. The Peach Bhut Jolokia looked almost exactly the same as JPGS, except for maybe slightly less of a tail. The Jami's have that ruffled look down the sides. They're all way too hot for me, so I can't really say anything about how taste compares.

DMF
Reactions:

Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:13 am

zendog wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:13 pm Yes, good color and production. I also grew Peach Ghost Jami (from open pollinated seeds from White Hot Peppers) and a Peach Bhut Jolokia (from Baker Creek) and have seeds of those as well, although they weren't isolated so I can't guarantee they're not crossed. The Peach Bhut Jolokia looked almost exactly the same as JPGS, except for maybe slightly less of a tail. The Jami's have that ruffled look down the sides. They're all way too hot for me, so I can't really say anything about how taste compares.
Dang it, I replied to you via Private Message, but neglected to send it? Let me try again. :oops:
------------------

Oh! It did go out. Check your PMs. And I'll gladly take the other varieties if you'd care to throw them in. Might as well try growing something new this year. (Yes, Jay's is HOT, but IMO it's beautiful and has a nice taste too - though not something I'm anxious to experience regularly.)

Thank you kindly. Now be sure to check the attachment for anything you'd like in return.
- Will Rogers

Return to “Seeds Wanted”