New Quenny Zinnia

greenthumbomaha
Reactions:

New Quenny Zinnia

Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:50 am

Queeny Lime Peach

For zinnia fans, I aaw a photo and it looks strong . Large and darker red center. This zinnia is supposed to be more "roboust" than the original series colors.
At first I wasn't getting any growth on the original Queeny series. When the weather switched from snow to scorching they finally started growing and flowering. I wasn't able to plant out till June so perhaps they needed to recover from the long pot time. The orange in particular took off late in August and grew into a huge bush with tons of flowers. The remaining colors in the mix also branched out and flowered, but weren't as floriferous as the orange. The height was about 2/3 of Benray's giant zinnias, but taller than the Peppermint zinnias.

- Lisa

Tormato
Reactions:

Re: New Quenny Zinnia

Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:45 am

Go to the MMMM "2021 non-tomato seeds" thread, post #7.

greenthumbomaha
Reactions:

Re: New Quenny Zinnia

Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:24 pm

Wow, that's a great variety. I'll be sending in some Benray's Giant to MMMM. The Queeny Orange zinnia is part of a new series just being being released (Johnny's Seeds has it in the New for 2022 section on their website). It was my first year growing the fancy zinnias, and it wasn't easy to get them started but they were amazing once they took off.
-L.

Return to “Annuals”