For the love of hearts...

Everything About Tomatoes
Julianna
Reactions:

Re: For the love of hearts...

Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:33 pm

Nan6b wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:43 am MMMM SPOILER ALERT!

julianna, I'm sending Amish Yellowish Orange Oxheart into the MMMM. Are you participating? Just put it on your wish list. Or if you're not in the MMMM, PM me.
Thank you! I will add it!
-julianna
10a Monterey Bay
Lover of Fogust, tomatoes, flowers, and pumpkins

rxkeith
Reactions:

Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:07 pm

this year, i grew anna marias heart. two plants, one died early, the other produced about five tomatoes before
it also died. last grown seven years ago, so seeds needed refreshing.she is going to have to do much better in the
future or anna maria is outa here.

i also grew sheryls portuguese red heart. only one seed germinated, but the plant thrived,and was a good producer
of large heart tomatoes. i was able to save many seeds. this one will be back.

i grew taiga for the first time, and it did fairly well. a few early fruit had some skin issues, maybe sun scald, but otherwise
no complaints.
the taiga cross i grew that was regular leaf produced rosy pink heart shaped tomatoes similar in size to taiga that were good tasting.
seeds of the cross will be sent in to the swap in the experimental category. they will be f2 seeds.

keith

Julianna
Reactions:

Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:05 am

OhioGardener wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:41 am
Julianna wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:17 am If the offer is still there, I would be interested! My plant failed. :( I had a weird season and had about 30% failures. This has never happened before in 20+ years.
You're welcome to PM me. I also have seeds from some of the other tetra-cis lycopene varieties that tested high in the trials.
Sent!
-julianna
10a Monterey Bay

Julianna
Reactions:

Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:07 am

rxkeith wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:07 pm this year, i grew anna marias heart. two plants, one died early, the other produced about five tomatoes before
it also died. last grown seven years ago, so seeds needed refreshing.she is going to have to do much better in the
future or anna maria is outa here.

i also grew sheryls portuguese red heart. only one seed germinated, but the plant thrived,and was a good producer
of large heart tomatoes. i was able to save many seeds. this one will be back.

i grew taiga for the first time, and it did fairly well. a few early fruit had some skin issues, maybe sun scald, but otherwise
no complaints.
the taiga cross i grew that was regular leaf produced rosy pink heart shaped tomatoes similar in size to taiga that were good tasting.
seeds of the cross will be sent in to the swap in the experimental category. they will be f2 seeds.

keith
How fun! What did the F1 look like?

Sorry about the plant loss. I had such a bad year from seed through to now. Just weird. Never had these kinds of issues before.
-julianna
10a Monterey Bay

HL2601
Reactions:

Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:21 am

I grew AYOO this year and really liked it. It was the earliest larger heart to ripen of any I have grown. Pumped out maybe 6 large fruit, then the plant seemed to take a break due to heat, then it resumed and was one of the last plants still producing when it got pulled last weekend. I would grow again. That intense orange flesh is something to behold!

HL2601
Reactions:

Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:32 am

3CDEB110-AD2E-4E53-908B-BBF1EFEB9640.jpeg
Since others have wondered about it-Desdemona's Heart also was in my garden this year. Good production, varying sizes with a pink/red core when cut. More mild as is a typical yellow/orange with a lot of meat inside. Fewer seeds. One fasciated bloom produced a fruit that was almost as large as my head! There were times after harvest where it looked very much like Midnight Sun, for those of you who have grown Karen O's masterpiece. I post most of my tomato pictures over on instagram for those of you that do that social media. You can see more @Twineandtrellis if you are interested.
26F11DDA-A2B5-4802-8D7A-A6BD971FC20B.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Julianna
Reactions:

Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:03 am

Those fruit are beautiful!
-julianna
10a Monterey Bay

Return to “Tomato Talk”