SHOUT OUT to Delectation of Tomatoes!

Free for all about gardening techniques, tips and questions.
Cornelius_Gotchberg
Reactions:

SHOUT OUT to Delectation of Tomatoes!

Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:14 pm

Wanted to give a hearty SHOUT-OUT to Delectation of Tomatoes
https://www.delectationoftomatoes.com/.

Not only was my purchase delivered promptly, in a personally addressed envelope with (get this!) handwritten well-wishes for the 2022 growing season from "Dale," but he sent along a free sample of ~20 Dáchtyla Mynoa seeds!

https://www.delectationoftomatoes.com/s ... Mynoa.html

​These are the kind of people with whom I LUV doing business; Tomato Ranchers!

The Gotch
Madison WESconsin/Growing Zone 5-A/Raised beds above the Midvale Heights spade-caking clay in the 77 Square Miles surrounded by A Sea Of Reality

Paulf
Reactions:

Re: SHOUT OUT to Delectation of Tomatoes!

Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:26 pm

I second all the good notices for Dale!

MissS
Reactions:

Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:02 am

Dale is my main 'go to guy' these days. He has an amazing collection of seeds to offer. Great customer service. He always includes a free package of seeds. He also has a vast knowledge of tomatoes and is kind enough to help you answer any questions. I seem to be talking to him frequently these days. He is a member here but is far to busy to participate much anymore. I HIGHLY recommend him as a seed vendor.
~ Patti ~

Cornelius_Gotchberg
Reactions:

Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:19 am

"Great customer service. He always includes a free package of seeds."

Like Herb Tarlek (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herb_Tarlek), what do I know, I've only been in sales all my life...

What I DO know, and it would appear Dale does as well? Promise a lot, deliver more, and your clients will take YOU out to lunch!

The Gotch
Madison WESconsin/Growing Zone 5-A/Raised beds above the Midvale Heights spade-caking clay in the 77 Square Miles surrounded by A Sea Of Reality

MrPepperoncini
Reactions:

Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:44 am

MissS wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:02 am Dale is my main 'go to guy' these days. He has an amazing collection of seeds to offer. Great customer service. He always includes a free package of seeds. He also has a vast knowledge of tomatoes and is kind enough to help you answer any questions. I seem to be talking to him frequently these days. He is a member here but is far too busy to participate much anymore. I HIGHLY recommend him as a seed vendor.
I could not have said it better. He is very helpful and his seeds kick butt. I grow out about 40 varieties every year and this year I sourced from established breeders/seed sellers located in North America and Europe. My favorite tasting tomatoes ended up coming from the * Free Seeds* pack included with my order from Dale :D Make sure you grow those out!

HL2601
Reactions:

Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:56 am

I agree with all these shout outs! Just placed an order and had a couple of really positive interactions. Dale is a one man wonder with thousands of varieties. Pretty amazing work!

MissS
Reactions:

Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:38 pm

@SEAMSFASTER (AKA Dale) You need to come and read your fan mail!!! After that you need to keep your eye on the Giant Tomato Contest.
~ Patti ~

Tormato
Reactions:

Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:55 pm

I've been too busy to place a promised order with another vendor. Hopefully in a couple of weeks.

But, I've decided that the next donations to the MMMM will go toward a purchase at Delectation. And, that doesn't stop any of you from ordering seeds by yourselves and sending them in. If you're going to do so, look through the "2021 Master List tomatoes", and select anything not there. If it were not for these vendors, the swap would not exist in the state that it's in.

MissS
Reactions:

Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:26 pm

Tormato wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:55 pm I've been too busy to place a promised order with another vendor. Hopefully in a couple of weeks.

But, I've decided that the next donations to the MMMM will go toward a purchase at Delectation. And, that doesn't stop any of you from ordering seeds by yourselves and sending them in. If you're going to do so, look through the "2021 Master List tomatoes", and select anything not there. If it were not for these vendors, the swap would not exist in the state that it's in.
Great choice!
~ Patti ~

althepeoplespal
Reactions:

Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:49 am

I was really happy with my order as well, only ordered one seed pack and it came with a free pack and hand written note as well. I'll order more for sure.

HL2601
Reactions:

Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:40 pm

Excellent news Tormato! Very excited to see Dale get the business. I ordered a bunch from him this year and everything was shipped promptly with a note. He even chose a few for me. He has worked so hard to get so many varieties grown on his own, as well as populating his website. There is a lot to choose from. Well done Dale!

AZGardener
Reactions:

Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:48 am

Another thumbs up for Dale, nice guy, great service, good seeds.
USDA Zone 9b, Sunset Zone 13
Average Rainfall 9.5 inches
Climate: Sonoran Desert

JosephineRose
Reactions:

Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:27 pm

Dale has been personally helping me source seeds for my Greek Tomato project. He is awesome.
Melissa
Zone: 10A
Climate: Warm Summer Mediterranean
Avg annual rainfall: 23.96"

wxcrawler
Reactions:

Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:25 pm

I wanted to give this post a bump. I recently had a great experience ordering seeds from Delectation of Tomatoes. Dale's variety selection is fantastic. Customer Service was top-notch. When looking for seeds in the future, this is one of the first places I'll go.

Lee

Return to “General Discussion”