Tell us about yourself!
- Posts: 22
- Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:10 pm
- Location: Paola, Kansas
Hello everyone .... I'm Magic_Mike .... Some of you might recognize me by the names Shell or Harry_Dangler on other forums. I expect I've swapped or provided seeds to some of you over the years. It's great to be on board here. I am an old person. I have been growing tomatoes for almost 40 years and have an extensive seed database/inventory. I grow here in 6A Kansas. I have 37 raised beds (mostly 4' x 8') and typically grow 30-40 varieties per year (no more than 100 total plants). In recent years, I have devoted more time to growing superhot peppers and I have a quite extensive seed database/inventory of those as well. I dabble in sales but for the most part I raise for personal consumption and seed. It's good to be here and I hope to interact with you.
Many people have eaten food from my kitchen and have gone on to lead normal, healthy lives.
- Posts: 2760
- Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:07 am
- Location: Woodbury, NJ
Welcome to the forum!
Woodbury, NJ zone 6B-7
- Posts: 721
- Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:11 pm
- Location: Branson MO Zone 6b
The best things in life---are not things.
- Posts: 2197
- Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:08 am
- Location: Trafalgar, Victoria, Australia
Welcome to the Junction @Magic_Mike from Down Under
- Posts: 1545
- Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:58 pm
- Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Welcome from Pittsburgh, PA, zone 6b!
- Posts: 1010
- Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:57 pm
- Location: keweenaw peninsula
welcome from da U.P. the snowy upper peninsula of michigan.
you are not an old guy. i have been gardening over 40 years. i think i have a few years
on ya, but will not admit to being old. lets just say, has lots of life experience.
cold and snowy here, but march is just around the corner. it will still be cold and snowy,
but at least no more february weather.
- Posts: 5175
- Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:55 am
- Location: SE Wisconsin Zone 5b
Welcome! I'm so glad to have you with us here.
~ Patti ~
- Posts: 2608
- Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:29 pm
- Location: SW Idaho, USA
Welcome to TomatoJunction!
Location: SW Idaho, USA
USDA hardiness zone: 6
Elevation: 2,260 feet
- Posts: 578
- Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:48 pm
- Location: So. Calif zone 10
You'll like it here! Great to have you on board!
Zone 10, Southern California
Will eat anything once before I judge.
Anything meaning any foods of course.
- Posts: 524
- Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:14 pm
- Location: So Cal
- Posts: 714
- Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:12 am
- Location: Arizona, USA
Welcome to the Junction, glad you found us.
USDA Zone 9b, Sunset Zone 13
Average Rainfall 9.5 inches
Climate: Sonoran Desert
- Posts: 56
- Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:39 pm
- Location: East-central Wisconsin
Welcome! I'll see your frigid & raise you one.
Quite a few well-seasoned gardeners here, self included. My BIL is a farmer just outside of Mullinville KS.
"But though an old man, I am but a young gardener.“ - Thomas Jefferson
- Posts: 12501
- Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:32 pm
- Location: 25 miles southeast of Waterloo Texas
Greetings from Central Texas
25 miles southeast of Waterloo Texas.
You can't argue with a closed mind.
You might as well be arguing with a cat.
- Posts: 331
- Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:29 am
- Location: Czech Republic
Welcome to the Junction!
- Posts: 799
- Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:14 am
- Location: Monterey Bay, CA
10a Monterey Bay
Lover of Fogust, tomatoes, flowers, and pumpkins
- Posts: 75
- Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:20 pm
- Location: Colorado
Welcome to Tomato Junction! We're glad to have a great gardener here with us.
- Posts: 156
- Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:22 am
- Location: Z6b - NW Virginia
Welcome to TJ Harry ...errr Mike.
- Posts: 779
- Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:15 am
- Location: NE PA zone 6
- Posts: 1317
- Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:35 pm
- Location: PA Dutch Country
100 plants mostly for personal consumption. My kinda guy!