Liquid Fertilizers for Strawberries

Setec Astronomy
Reactions:

Liquid Fertilizers for Strawberries

Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:38 pm

I'm trying to learn from you smart people, so this year I'm going to use liquid fertilizer on my tomatoes and peppers and stuff (Texas Tomato Food maybe alternating with something like Neptune's Harvest), but I'm scratching my head about what to use on my strawberries.

I found a couple of "best strawberry fertilizer" web articles, but they seemed to be those kind that were really just to try to get Amazon clicks, without any real insight, although one pointed me to "Triple 10 All-Purpose Liquid Fertilizer 10-10-10 with Amino Acids and Seaweed Extract" which is certainly a very different NPK than the other two I mentioned.

Or I could just stick with my Espoma Berry-Tone that I've been using.

EDIT: Nevermind, maybe. I see Urban Farm Fertilizers (the TTF people) have an Apples & Oranges flavor which is "optimized for all your fruit, citrus and berries".

OhioKate
Reactions:

Re: Liquid Fertilizers for Strawberries

Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:38 am

I think but will depend on you soil and growing conditions but I've found that my strawberries are happiest when I completely ignore them. My strawberries only get a decent layer of shredded leaf mulch in the fall.

That said, I can't imagine that a little bit of all purpose fertilizer when they start getting new growth in the spring would hurt.

svalli
Reactions:

Re: Liquid Fertilizers for Strawberries

Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:44 pm

My in ground planted strawberries get some general granular garden fertilizer during spring.

I fertilize container grown everbearing strawberries with same water soluble fertilizers as my tomatoes. I use mix of professional grade 6-6-25 fertilizer and calcium nitrate in my garden for most container grown plants. A friend sent me an excel file which can be used to calculate the different ratios of the fertilizers for peppers and tomatoes at different growth stages. Strawberries get the same dosage as tomatoes and have produced well.
"I only want to live in peace, plant potatoes and dream."
- Moomin-troll by Tove Jansson

Return to “Fruits/Berries/Currants”