Reactions:

Re: Hello from Flyover Country.

Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:22 pm

Welcome!

greenthumbomaha
Reactions:

Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:11 am

Welocme! I get your post! Been through many postage sized towns. A big box store parked itself in the middle of the state, so you are never more than 2 hours from civilization except for the extreme panhandle.

Technically I live in the flyover state of "Nebraska" but you would be hard pressed to find cheap land or housing anymore. Google discoverd they can build server farms with abandon and tax incentives are calling out to other non-ag businesses. Meat packing is back big time. Those small nothing towns have Dollar General now pushing out whatever mom and pop convenience stores that had made it this far. Some old style bars are holding on , others are becoming full serve more expensive restaurants.

Progress ???

- Lisa

ness
Reactions:

Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:57 pm

Welcome from an inhabitant of flyover country! As I used to tell my kids, Kansas is scenery for thinkers! If you stop and walk through certain places it will take your breath away. Honest :D
John

karstopography
Reactions:

Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:57 am

ness wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:57 pm Welcome from an inhabitant of flyover country! As I used to tell my kids, Kansas is scenery for thinkers! If you stop and walk through certain places it will take your breath away. Honest :D
I like this quote of yours, scenery for thinkers!

Taking a walk through a stretch of land is the best way to see it. So much of interest gets missed simply passing by in an automobile. People should walk through nature more whether it’s a prairie, desert, forest or whatever. It doesn’t have to be in a National Park to be beautiful.
Zone 9b, located in the Columbia bottomlands, annual rainfall 46”

Return to “Introductions”