Bagged Seed vs. Unbagged Seed

NarnianGarden
Reactions:

Re: Bagged Seed vs. Unbagged Seed

Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:27 pm

Oregano is the real favourite here. All pollinators (bees, bumble bees, even butterflies) are all totally enamoured with the oregano bushes, they hardly notice other flowers .. :lol:

DriftlessRoots
Reactions:

Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:41 pm

pepperhead212 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:21 am I also do not see honeybees on tomatoes as much as bumblebees. Much more on some of my herbs, though both of them love those.
I can't recall ever seeing honey bees (the life cycle MissS details above) on my tomato flowers but lots of bumble bees, which are buzz pollinators. Can honeys even buzz pollinate?* If not, I'd expect them to be less of a cross-pollination risk than a bumble. Whether or not a particular variety has an exserted or inserted stigma makes a big difference, too.

*Just goo-gooed for info and found hbs don't buzz pollinate so not helpful to the plants that need that service
A nature, gardening and food enthusiast externalizing the inner monologue.🍅

slugworth
Reactions:

Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:32 pm

I snitched 2 tomatoes from a neighbor that were labeled on the container italian ice for the seeds.
double whammy,no seeds in either tomato and when I just goo goo the italian ice they are definitely not.
The ones I got were cherry size but red.
"A chiseled face,Just like Easter Island" :lol:

Return to “Seed Saving Methods, Tips & Discussion”