Not-A-Hummer At The Feeder!

Let's see those Photos and videos!!
GoDawgs
Reactions:

Not-A-Hummer At The Feeder!

Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:09 pm

There's always a first time for everything as Pickles found out today when she went to change out a few empty hummer feeders.

Speaking of hummers, have any of you noticed numbers starting to reduce? They're still going full bore here but some might start heading south within the next two weeks. It happens every year about that time. Pickles, Keeper Of The Feeders, keeps track of these things.

MissS
Reactions:

Re: Not-A-Hummer At The Feeder!

Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:11 pm

Whoa, I would be careful changing out that feeder. I was surprised to have a male Baltimore Oriole at my feeder this morning.

For some reason the birds in the east migrate before the birds in the central states. I have noticed that our males have been migrating for the past week or so. This females have not molted yet so they should be around a few more weeks.
~ Patti ~

PlainJane
Reactions:

Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:27 pm

Whoops!
I had a snake encounter today too, a black racer poked its head out when I went to put kitchen waste in the composter.
“Never try to outstubborn a cat.”
- Robert A. Heinlein

GoDawgs
Reactions:

Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:23 am

It's a baby black snake, harmless. They also eat poisonous snakes and lots of rodents so they're good guys here.

There are four one quart feeders out there and the hummers are going through a half gallon of food a day. It looks like Atlanta's Hartsfield int'l airport out there and has been for a while. "Hummer Two Five One, you are cleared to land on Feeder Three Six Seven."

Return to “The Gallery”