Svalli gardening 63° N

svalli
Reactions:

Re: Svalli gardening 63° N

Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:20 am

Last night I picked first ear of corn and cooked it immediately. It was so sweet and delicious. Fresh corn is a rare treat here. Grocery stores have such pre-cooked and vacuum packed corn, which is edible, but not a delicacy.

Tomatoes outdoors are still ripening even the weather is cool and rainy. I picked most of the ripe ones last night and made six quarts of salsa. This is now third batch and may be the last one this year, because we still have canned salsa from year ago. I will make just regular tomato sauce from the remaining tomatoes.
Tomatoes 20220915.jpg
Peeled tomatoes 20220915.jpg
Salsa 20220915.jpg

Sari
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I only want to live in peace, plant potatoes and dream."
- Moomin-troll by Tove Jansson

svalli
Reactions:

Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:34 am

Fall is in the air and season 2022 is ending soon.

Garlic has been planted week ago, but leaves had not yet fallen, so I need to go back and mulch the bed. I have still carrots, leeks and kale in ground there, so some harvesting should also be done before winter arrives. Moose hunting season started and DH is hunting every weekend, so we may have to take a day off during work week to drive out to the country and do the last gardening stuff.
Garlic planted 20221002.jpg

In the city frosts had not yet killed my outdoor tomato vines, but they started to look quite sad, so it was time to pick all remaining fruits and cut the plants to compost.
Black Moor 20221009.jpg

There is still some canning to do when all of the green ones start ripening.
Last tomato harvest 2022.jpg

This has again been quite good tomato season, even there was some challenges with pests, weather and botrytis, but that is part of the game.

Sari
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bower
Reactions:

Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:20 pm

Nice to see such a great haul of tomatoes! :)
AgCan Zone 5a/USDA zone 4
temperate marine climate
yearly precip 61 inches/1550 mm

svalli
Reactions:

Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:37 am

November here is typically cold, grey and wet. Currently it is a bit warmer than normal but it means that it is also rainy, because without cloud cover the nights would be freezing cold and the low hanging sun would not warm the days much. It did not rain on Saturday and my DH did not go moose hunting, so we drove out to the country. We made stop at the woods to pick funnel chanterelles before going to do the last harvest at the vegetable plot. I lifted all leeks, remaining carrots and beets and picked a bag full of kale leaves.

Harvest 20221105.jpg

I also had time to cover the garlic bed with old hay and leaves before the sun set around 4 pm. Winter can now come.

Sari

peebee
Reactions:

Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:43 pm

How I envy people who can pick mushrooms in the wild, they must taste amazing 😍
Zone 10, Southern California
Will eat anything once before I judge.
Anything meaning any foods of course.

Return to “Grow Logs(Glogs) And Video Logs(Vlogs)”