Favorite Cucumbers

Aussie
Reactions:

Re: Favorite Cucumbers

Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:56 pm

My 2 Favourite to grow is space saver, plant seedlings about 2 weeks apart to give us cucumbers all season (4-5 fruits per plant) and Lebanese cucumbers have them setup on a trellis down the side of the house in pots and always get a good harvest from 6 plants thru the season.

GoDawgs
Reactions:

Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:52 am

GoDawgs wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:36 pm This year, in addition to the usual National Pickler I'm going to plant a 6' stretch each of Beit Alpha and the H19 Little Leaf on a trellis as follow-on cukes. That way we'll have some cukes for fresh eating after the Picklers eventually succumb to the funk. No way of avoiding funk down here. it's just a fact of gardening life. Since the H19 has small leaves, I 'm thinking the increased air flow on the trellis might decrease the funk factor.
No more Beit Alpha or Little leaf for use as a secondary cuke. They didn't produce well at all. The new secondary favorite is now Bushy, an OP from Pinetree with 5' vines great for fall. I grew it in one of the used tomato pots and let it climb around the tomato cage. Cukes were about 4-5".

AZGardener
Reactions:

Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:16 am

Taurus F1 has grown well for me until last year, which was a bust. I also grew Carosello Leccese light and will grow it again. It's more of the melon type and didn't mind the heat.
I'm going to try Carosello Leccese stripe and grow the light variety again. Not sure what else yet.
USDA Zone 9b, Sunset Zone 13
Average Rainfall 9.5 inches
Climate: Sonoran Desert

Return to “Cucumbers”