Hemp topic?

Hemp, Cotton, Jute, Flax, Kenaf, Bamboo etc
zeuspaul
Reactions:

Re: Hemp topic?

Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:19 pm

And health considerations clearly come down on the side of dry herb vaporizers.

Vaping Safety Facts: Dry Herb vs. Oil Pens and E-liquid Vapes
<snip>
The market for dry herbs has been growing for more than 20 years with few health issues. None of the VAPI cases reported by the CDC involved using dry herbs. They were all from users who had vaped with cartridges.

Benefits of Dry Vaping

A dry vaporizer is a different device than the one you may be used to using. One of the biggest benefits for many people is

<snip>
https://fatbuddhaglass.com/blogs/fat-bu ... quid-vapes

zeuspaul
Reactions:

Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:49 am

zeuspaul wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:48 pm I have heard prices as low as $20 per ounce in Oregon.
I don't believe I heard this right because it is too far from market. I want to correct my post. I assume I heard $20 but likely for 1/8 ounce which would be $160 per ounce which would still be considered cheap.

bower
Reactions:

Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:09 am

zeuspaul wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:49 am
zeuspaul wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:48 pm I have heard prices as low as $20 per ounce in Oregon.
I don't believe I heard this right because it is too far from market. I want to correct my post. I assume I heard $20 but likely for 1/8 ounce which would be $160 per ounce which would still be considered cheap.
I went into the supermarket smoke shop this week and since there were no other customers I could take my time looking at their ridiculous list of products - they have a binder full of their listings literally hundreds of stuff, and the staff don't really have anything to say about one thing or another it's just something they sell and are as bewildered by the endless list as i am. But when I told her I was looking for something with both THC and CBD, she offered me a product called "Balanced". This has nearly equal amounts of THC and CBD. At only 8%, the THC is half or less the potency of the majority of the sativa offered. I smoked some the other day and the THC is not even noticeable for the amount that I smoke, but the CBD effect is not overwhelming but very dominant, it was just physically relaxing without being a knockout. Kind of nice, I will see how I like it over the long run. It might actually help me to get more sleep.
Anyway the price of this product was 18.99 for 3.5 g, which works out to about the same you mentioned, around $160 per oz after tax.
Most of the named sativas listed are $29-30 per 3.5 g. so up to $240 or more per oz for the premium product with high THC.
Still it is not more expensive as a 'recreational' substance than say a bottle of wine. The 3.5 g amount would make two fat joints for sure. Cheapest bottle of wine here is now around $15.
AgCan Zone 5a/USDA zone 4
temperate marine climate
yearly precip 61 inches/1550 mm

worth1
Reactions:

Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:47 am

Seems like our leaders here in Texas have other priorities other than weed.
Gets exasperating at times.
Worth
25 miles southeast of Waterloo Texas.

You can't argue with a closed mind.
You might as well be arguing with a cat.

zeuspaul
Reactions:

Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:19 pm

Bower wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:09 am I went into the supermarket smoke shop
Just curious. Is a supermarket smoke shop a smoke shop within a grocery store? Or is it strictly weed and paraphernalia?

I believe CBD can act somehow to diminish the affects of THC.

bower
Reactions:

Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:41 pm

The supermarket chain where I shop was one of the successful bidders on a license to sell legal mj. They already had a smoke shop where tobacco and lottery tickets are sold, which is separate from the main store but in the same building. (Not sure why lottery tickets are in the same place, maybe to remind the smokers that we're taking a chance? )
Yes I agree that CBD has some complementary effects on the nervous system that suppress the effect of THC. THC conversely may take the edge off the more sedating tendency of the CBD. At least a bit. I would guess CBD is more powerful per amount on the label.
temperate marine climate

zeuspaul
Reactions:

Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:59 am

My first impressions of the Arizer XQ2 Vaporizer desk top plug-in dry herb vaporizer.

First I had to watch a couple of YouTube videos. This thing comes with a lot of components. It needs a designated place with a chair and a little end table and an electric outlet. The oven/chamber (bowl) is at least twice the size of my portable Roffu. The chamber can be inverted with one side twice the size of the other. It also has a bowl which can be used to vaporize other herbs (aroma therapy) into the room air.

More components means more chances to make a mistake. First I missed a screen and ended up with particles in my mouth. It didn't help that I also had the fan on.

Now that I am somewhat familiar with its use I don't use the fan. It has an easy draw compared to the Roffu. It almost feels like breathing due to the minimal resistance. There is a silicone tube called a whip that fits the top of the unit with a mouth piece on the other end. It is less responsive than the hand held battery operated Roffu. It takes longer to heat up even after the temp gauge indicates it has reached the desired temp. This is likely due to the larger chamber. With this unit I wait about five minutes before I can get a good toke. I also find that I have to use a higher temperature to get the same results. I start with 380°F (193°C) but start with 340°F(171°C) on the Roffu. I also end up using more weed.

I have no interest in using the fan and blowing up a bag.

I prefer using the Roffu. I have learned to compensate for the more difficult draw by not making good contact with the mouth piece and letting a little air mix with the vapor making for an easy draw. I also like how responsive it is. It heats up quickly, easy to adjust up the temps during a session and is portable. I can put it in my pocket and carry it around. The tiny chamber is more than adequate for a session (two or three of Roffu's three minute sessions).

I prefer vaporizing weed over smoking. It seems like a revolutionary way of imbibing. I may fire up the bong if I want to smoke some kief by placing it on top of a bowl of weed. The small particle size of the kief may not be best used in a vaporizer. If used in a vaporizer it is recommended to layer it in between the ground weed. I have a little kief (hash) which collects in the bottom of my grinder. I also get some more after sifting the ground up weed through a couple of my soil sieves which I use to separate the medium and coarse grinds. The Roffu does well with the finer grind and the desktop seems to do better with the coarse.

Cole_Robbie
Reactions:

Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:42 pm

Regarding cbd vs thc, they both uptake into your body through the cb1 and cb2 receptors. These receptors have a limit to what they can absorb. I have made bubble hash from my cbd hemp plants, a very concentrated cbd extract. If I smoke the cbd hash, it overloads my receptors, and then even the best thc weed does nothing. It feels like smoking hemp. So you only get to uptake so much before the receptors shut off for a while.

worth1
Reactions:

Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:48 am

Someone was seen pouring out what appeared to be bong water from their car close to the job site in Austin and now they have to take a drug test.
I guess the guy that reported it has nothing better to do with their lives.
One they can't prove it was weed being smoked.
Two all anyone has to do is make a false report on anyone just to mess with their lives including ruin it.
Three outside of a court of law you don't have the right to meet your accusers.
They can literally call in on anything or anybody to a company false or not.
Worth

bower
Reactions:

Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:17 pm

Even though it's legal here, there are still a lot of strict rules around construction work in particular. Construction sites are dangerous, they can't take a chance. So I believe there's still drug testing around that industry, and a few others. You could lose your job, although not go to jail.
They must've got the roadside drug testing figured out too, because when we hear reports about impaired drivers around the holidays, for example, they will say how many drink vs drug impaired drivers they caught.
None of the fearful anti-legalizing catastrophes have ever come to pass, for sure. There is no increase in impaired driving or other accidents since legalizing in Canada.
temperate marine climate

greenthumbomaha
Reactions:

Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:28 pm

worth1 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:47 am Seems like our leaders here in Texas have other priorities other than weed.
Our old governor had a long list of other priorities as well. His term limit was up so there was some hope... until ...
He is from a very rich family. A great deal of his time and money was spent on promoting his choice for a predecessor, including money spent on attack ads for the other conservative candidate of which he personally narrated. Within weeks of the election, our state senator who was not in step with the the gov left politics for a job out of state two years before his term expired. This meant the new governor of like two weeks would choose who would fill the vacant Senate seat for the remaining two years. Guess who he appointed as the new Senate member:) Spoiler alert ..... Our former governor stepped right in to the Senate (remember, he financed this new governors campaign). This situation probably puts us one of the last states in line for legal mj.
They wonder why graduates are leaving for jobs out of state .

- Lisa

greenthumbomaha
Reactions:

Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:39 pm

I have no idea about the distinctions regarding topic at hand since 1) I have asthma 2) I don't want to leave fondling my seed collection while I relax in a prison cell, but I do have a related question.

I have been growing and drying cut flowers and herbs from my yard this past year and follow several flower FB groups. It seems people on TikToc are getting into smoking these fresh or dried florals. So many flowers are toxic, and I can't imagine everything you inhale is smooth. I believe raspberry leaves are popular. I'm interested if anyone has some particular favorites to this end that I might consider growing this year.
-Lisa

Cole_Robbie
Reactions:

Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:51 am

greenthumbomaha wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:39 pm I have no idea about the distinctions regarding topic at hand since 1) I have asthma 2) I don't want to leave fondling my seed collection while I relax in a prison cell, but I do have a related question.

I have been growing and drying cut flowers and herbs from my yard this past year and follow several flower FB groups. It seems people on TikToc are getting into smoking these fresh or dried florals. So many flowers are toxic, and I can't imagine everything you inhale is smooth. I believe raspberry leaves are popular. I'm interested if anyone has some particular favorites to this end that I might consider growing this year.
-Lisa
CBD is legal in every state, via the last farm bill. Some states have banned smokeable flower, idk about Nebraska, assuming that's where you are. Smoking cbd flower will relax you without making you high. It is like a full body massage. Some states have legal delta 8 infused flower, which will get people high.

You probably want a water pipe if you are going to smoke stuff. I once smoked red peanut skins in an act of desperation 25 years ago. They were actually quite smooth and nice.

worth1
Reactions:

Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:48 am

greenthumbomaha wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:28 pm
worth1 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:47 am Seems like our leaders here in Texas have other priorities other than weed.
Our old governor had a long list of other priorities as well. His term limit was up so there was some hope... until ...
He is from a very rich family. A great deal of his time and money was spent on promoting his choice for a predecessor, including money spent on attack ads for the other conservative candidate of which he personally narrated. Within weeks of the election, our state senator who was not in step with the the gov left politics for a job out of state two years before his term expired. This meant the new governor of like two weeks would choose who would fill the vacant Senate seat for the remaining two years. Guess who he appointed as the new Senate member:) Spoiler alert ..... Our former governor stepped right in to the Senate (remember, he financed this new governors campaign). This situation probably puts us one of the last states in line for legal mj.
They wonder why graduates are leaving for jobs out of state .

- Lisa
That sounds almost criminal. :(
Worth

Kingbird
Reactions:

Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:43 am

20220130_114209.jpg
My two favorite things to grow, tomatoes and Canna. Both difficult to get the very best results from. Beautiful plants of every color shape size and smells! I have been breeding canna for close to 30 years. I have an extensive seed collection if anyone needs genetics :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

zeuspaul
Reactions:

Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:32 pm

Nice looking tricomes. Welcome to the Junction @Kingbird .

slugworth
Reactions:

Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:54 am

can smell it from here
"A chiseled face,Just like Easter Island" :lol:

zeuspaul
Reactions:

Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:05 pm

@Kingbird Indoor or outdoor? I am trying to decide when to start/germinate seeds indoors for later planting outdoors in the ground.

zeuspaul
Reactions:

Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:37 pm

What makes edibles so unpredictable in a way that inhaling cannabis doesn't? The reason is that eating cannabis produces metabolites that are technically a different drug from THC entirely.
Ask anyone who's experimented with ingesting cannabis edibles, and you're apt to hear at least one uncomfortable story involving them. Mary, a retired nurse from Oregon, said she once went to a party, ate too many marijuana brownies and woke up under the coffee table hours later.

https://www.salon.com/2023/03/04/why-ea ... o-experts/

Cole_Robbie
Reactions:

Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:52 pm

zeuspaul wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:37 pm What makes edibles so unpredictable in a way that inhaling cannabis doesn't? The reason is that eating cannabis produces metabolites that are technically a different drug from THC entirely.
Ask anyone who's experimented with ingesting cannabis edibles, and you're apt to hear at least one uncomfortable story involving them. Mary, a retired nurse from Oregon, said she once went to a party, ate too many marijuana brownies and woke up under the coffee table hours later.

https://www.salon.com/2023/03/04/why-ea ... o-experts/
Overdose symptoms from edibles mimic a stroke, slurred speech and inability to walk or stand, but thankfully wear off in short time.

Return to “Growing Fiber Crops”