2020 MMMM swap wish lists

This is a yearly group seed swap event hosted by Tormato.

Moderator: Tormato

Tormato
Reactions:

2020 MMMM swap wish lists

Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:49 am

One part of the swap is wish lists.

This thread will be for participants to post their wish lists, tomatoes only, up to 25 specific varieties.

It's also for other participants to check and see if they have those varieties to send in. Wish list only posts, no verification posts that you have the variety. Also no useless banter posts that will drift out into the ocean of Brody, Quint, Hooper and "Bruce". See how easy that could happen?
Last edited by MissS on Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rockoe10
Reactions:

Re: MMMM swap wish lists

Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:47 pm

I'm looking for very sweet tomatoes. Larger sweet tomatoes would be wonderful. Tomatoes with a high brix and high pH. I'm not picky about the specific variety, just looking to expand my garden tomato collection

Edit:
After looking at the extensive list, I found a few I know I want to try based on reviews I've read.

Pink Ping Pong
Isis Candy
Black Cherry
Kellogg's Breakfast
Yellow Pear
42 Day
Sungold Select II
- - - - - - - -
Rob, ZONE 6A with 170 days between frost dates, Western Pennsylvania

OhioGardener
Reactions:

Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:57 pm

I need more tomatoes like I need a kick in the ***, but gardening has been an outlet for some of the struggles I'm going through and I enjoy working with varieties that need preserving and sharing. My likes are deep orange tomatoes of all kinds, compact container-friendly varieties, sungold-like cherries, long storage varieties, and things that scare people because they can't be pronounced. Right now, these are the ones that interest me.

Antonucci Slicer
Aurora De Constanta
Beaverlodge Slicer
Birjinekupsky? - Could this be Berdskiy Krupniy? I can read Russian if you have the original pack.
Blue Ambrosia
Buzau 22
Buzau 47
Claude Brown's Yellow Giant
David Davidson
Golden Bison
Japanese Tomato Tree
Medovaya Kaplya
Northern Lights
Novosadski Jabucar
Pamplemouse du Grande Pere
Petrusha Ogorodnik
Pozhar
Schlicht's Orange Cherry
Solovey Razboyni
Sungold Select II
Sweet Ozark Orange
Talalihan 186
WOW
Yuko's Persimmon
Zarnitsa
Debbie

Tormato
Reactions:

Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:04 pm

OhioGardener wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:57 pm I need more tomatoes like I need a kick in the ***, but gardening has been an outlet for some of the struggles I'm going through and I enjoy working with varieties that need preserving and sharing. My likes are deep orange tomatoes of all kinds, compact container-friendly varieties, sungold-like cherries, long storage varieties, and things that scare people because they can't be pronounced. Right now, these are the ones that interest me.

Antonucci Slicer
Aurora De Constanta
Beaverlodge Slicer
Birjinekupsky? - Could this be Berdskiy Krupniy? I can read Russian if you have the original pack.
Blue Ambrosia
Buzau 22
Buzau 47
Claude Brown's Yellow Giant
David Davidson
Golden Bison
Japanese Tomato Tree
Medovaya Kaplya
Northern Lights
Novosadski Jabucar
Pamplemouse du Grande Pere
Petrusha Ogorodnik
Pozhar
Schlicht's Orange Cherry
Solovey Razboyni
Sungold Select II
Sweet Ozark Orange
Talalihan 186
WOW
Yuko's Persimmon
Zarnitsa
If you like SunGold-like tomatoes, you'll want to add Ambrosia Gold. It's the closest I've found in an OP to that SunGold taste.

Birjinekupsky? - I'm not sure if I have the original label. But, it was written in English. In the MMMM, the longest, most difficult to spell varieties, usually have the worst penmanship, making things interesting to say the least.

OhioGardener
Reactions:

Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:29 pm

Tormato wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:04 pm
If you like SunGold-like tomatoes, you'll want to add Ambrosia Gold. It's the closest I've found in an OP to that SunGold taste.

Birjinekupsky? - I'm not sure if I have the original label. But, it was written in English. In the MMMM, the longest, most difficult to spell varieties, usually have the worst penmanship, making things interesting to say the least.
Thanks. I do have Ambrosia Gold and in fact have it listed in the spoiler alert as one I'm sending in. It was one I grew this year and I have to agree regarding the flavor! Incidentally, there seems to be some variation in color. I had 3 plants, one of which produced solid golden fruit, another that produced solid golden fruit with an occasional red blush on the blossom end, and a 3rd which produced golden fruit which eventually turned red when dead ripe. I had that one marked as an off-type, but then as the season progressed, I was getting gold fruit from that same plant with only a few turning red. Weird. All 3 had the same wonderful flavor and I'll be sending seeds from the more consistently gold plants.
Debbie

KathyDC
Reactions:

Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:47 pm

[mention]OhioGardener[/mention], I have some Northern Lights from 2013/2014 that I'd be happy to send you if nothing else comes through, and you don't mind older seed.

I also have Sweet Ozark Orange from around the same time, same offer if you don't find fresher.

Just remind me after the MMMM dust has cleared...

KathyDC
Reactions:

Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:06 pm

Selbo's Red Ribbed
Cherokee Lime
Pruden's Purple
African Queen
Margaret Curtain
Red Barn
Madame Jardel's Black
Zena's Gift

rxkeith
Reactions:

Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:32 pm

me thinks, i would like to grow some of karens karma creations,
and maybe a micro or two i could have fun with during the long
winter months. might even bring the micros into work, and wow
the customers, and store employees. onliest other wish would be
green doctors. sandhill preservation was out, and i wasn't about to
order one packet from tomato growers supply.

keith

Tormato
Reactions:

Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:58 pm

rxkeith wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:32 pm me thinks, i would like to grow some of karens karma creations,
and maybe a micro or two i could have fun with during the long
winter months. might even bring the micros into work, and wow
the customers, and store employees. onliest other wish would be
green doctors. sandhill preservation was out, and i wasn't about to
order one packet from tomato growers supply.

keith
Green Doctors it is.
Green Doctors Frosted (I currently have one pack) ain't calling your name?

MissS
Reactions:

Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:39 pm

I'm sponsoring Pokemato and she told me that she's "gotta catch 'em all" so her Wish List is too long to post. :shock:
~ Patti ~

indysun
Reactions:

Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:51 pm

Perhaps my Wish List is too long but here it is:
Spudakee 
Liz Birt
Lucky Cross
Cherokee Chocolate
Tastiheart
Bloody Butcher
KBX C-Tex
Stupice
Red Deuce
BHN589, Heinze 1884
Rose de Berne
Neves Azorean Red
Sofies choice
Bronia
Stump of the World
Rebel Yell 
Rosovye Krupnye 

Thank You
Pete

MissS
Reactions:

Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:11 am

[mention]indysun[/mention] Did you mean KBX and then JD's Special C-Tex? These are two different tomatoes. Are they both on your list?
~ Patti ~

wykvlvr
Reactions:

Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:40 am

Grin "simple" wish list here
I want a plain jane slicer to enter in fair (an entry is 3 similar as possible tomatoes).
Note: Many years we can't plant out until June and fair is first week of August. We have cool nights, even if the days reach high 90s it will drop to the 50s... we have WIND! lots of wind, lots and lots of wind. Conversely we also have a lot of sun. I am at 6,000 ft altitude. Wispy foliage = sunscald and windburn.

OKAY huge editNew list:
Wish List

Micros I would like
11/12X-F3-3-PL '16 (12" plant) (10 to 20 seeds)
Black Patio
Paulinchen
Sibirische Zimmertomate

Other tomatoes
NO huge tomatoes (1 pound or over) or late season tomatoes as I don't have the heat days or long enough season for them. That said these sound interesting to me...
Pit viper (figured I better add it in case we both forgot my pm)
Green Doctors Frosted
Stupice Sklenikove
Nifty Fifty
AMISH YELLOWISH ORANGE OXHEART
PEREMOGA 165
OBILNIE SARAEVA
Totem
dwarf Sweet Scarlet
dwarf Sweet Sue
Dwarf Pink Passion
Krentje
Sirja's Love

Not tomatoes
kallard greens or collard greens
lemon squash
Cocozelle Di Napoli
Dark Seeded Early Perfection pea
Salmon Flowered Crown pea
Sugar Snap
Thomas Laxton
Blue Jay
Triomphe de Farcy
Last edited by wykvlvr on Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:17 am, edited 6 times in total.
Wyoming
Zone 5
Elevation : 6,063 ft
Climate : semi-arid
Avg annual rainfall = 16 inches

Pokemato
Reactions:

Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:46 am

MissS wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:39 pm I'm sponsoring Pokemato and she told me that she's "gotta catch 'em all" so her Wish List is too long to post. :shock:
I'm going to need a bigger boat, er mailer! Okay, okay thanks to MissS I get to play this year and I'm so excited! Thanks Hooper!
image.png
Being a relative new grower, I'm amazed at the varieties out there and I'd love to try them ALL :) Since I only have two friends who garden at all, the only way I'm going to get to try new varieties is to grow them myself. To that end, here is my wish list, long because there are so many varieties that are new to me and that sound so great! I'll be thrilled with whatever I get in the swap, though

African Queen
Ambrosa Gold
Blue Beauty or Black Beauty
Boronia Dwarf
Brad's Atomic Grape
Candy Sweet Icicle
Daniels
Garnet
Gary’O Sena
Granny Cantrell
KARMA Miracle
KARMA Peach
KARMA Pink
KBX
Marsha's Starfighter beefsteak
Orange Jazz
Pink Bumblebee or Black Cherry
Prudens Purple
Red Lithium
Rosella
Striped Rumplestiltskin
Sweet Aperitif
Taiga
Tennessee Suited Dwarf
Uluru Ochre Dwarf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Pokemato on Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

indysun
Reactions:

Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:47 pm

Yes Miss S I made a couple mistakes on my wish list : KBX and C-Tex, also the Heinze I believe was supposed to be 1439.
Thank you for pointing that out.
Pete

Tormato
Reactions:

Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:11 pm

wykvlvr wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:40 am Grin "simple" wish list here
I want a plain jane slicer to enter in fair (an entry is 3 similar as possible tomatoes).
Note: Many years we can't plant out until June and fair is first week of August. We have cool nights, even if the days reach high 90s it will drop to the 50s... we have WIND! lots of wind, lots and lots of wind. Conversely we also have a lot of sun. I am at 6,000 ft altitude. Wispy foliage = sunscald and windburn.

I have lots of saladette size but I would love to get something in the 6 to 10 oz. size range that actually will give me tomatoes most years...
You need a biodome. Or at least a low hoop tunnel that can stand up to the wind, and be removed during the heat of the day.

wykvlvr
Reactions:

Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:24 pm

Tormato wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:11 pm

I have lots of saladette size but I would love to get something in the 6 to 10 oz. size range that actually will give me tomatoes most years...
    You need a biodome. Or at least a low hoop tunnel that can stand up to the wind, and be removed during the heat of the day.
    Easier said than done here as wind is a near constant here. During our snowstorm earlier this month many folks lost their greenhouses... We had areas with gusts over 80 mph...
    Wyoming
    Zone 5
    Elevation : 6,063 ft
    Climate : semi-arid
    Avg annual rainfall = 16 inches

bobrarian
    Reactions:

Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:14 pm

It's fun looking at others' wish lists! Mine is short, as our growing space is limited. Preference towards sweeter tomatoes, saladette to slicers; productivity is a plus. Past and current favorites include Ananas Noire, Persimmon, and Sunrise Bumblebee.

My wish list, in order of what I'm hoping most for:
    • Maiden’s Gold
    • Spears Tennessee Green
    • Tennessee Suited
    • Goose Creek
    • Cherokee Green
    Of course, I'll be happy with whatever I receive. Although I've read the spoilers, the surprise will be what's in that bubble mailer. :)

Bobby
    It's difficult to think anything but pleasant thoughts while eating a homegrown tomato. - Lewis Grizzard

OhioGardener
    Reactions:

Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:31 pm

Moroz Batushka or Ballada might be worth trying... both are very short determinate Russian and Ukrainian varieties under 2 ft. that can be grown in low tunnels. The photo is Moroz which also happens to be an ultra-early and it produced 6 or 7 oz slicers for me in a 1 gallon pot by July 4. If I recall correctly, Ballada fruit is slightly larger and a little later. The fruiting period is concentrated and then the bushes go into a latent stage before giving a 2nd crop later in the year. Just an idea...
    Moroz Batyushka 7.JPG

wykvlvr wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:24 pm
      Tormato wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:11 pm

Easier said than done here as wind is a near constant here. During our snowstorm earlier this month many folks lost their greenhouses... We had areas with gusts over 80 mph...
      You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
      Debbie

EdieJ
      Reactions:

Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:52 pm

[mention]OhioGardener[/mention] Oh my, I might have to have a plant or 2 of those! Not worried about a second fall crop, but the early crop interests me greatly.
      North Central AL (mountains)
      Zone 7

Return to “MMMM Swap”