2020 MMMM your #1 sought variety

This is a yearly group seed swap event hosted by Tormato.

Moderator: Tormato

Tormato
Reactions:

2020 MMMM your #1 sought variety

Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:35 pm

I'm going back to the origins of the swap.

This thread is for participants to post they're one, and only one, variety that they wish for.

I'll start...

Rose - This is the very large pink beefsteak, indeterminate, RL, extremely meaty with little seeds or gel.
Last edited by MissS on Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Adding the year to the title

MissS
Reactions:

Re: MMMM your #1 sought variety

Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:52 pm

Tormato wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:35 pm I'm going back to the origins of the swap.

This thread is for participants to post they're one, and only one, variety that they wish for.

I'll start...

Rose - This is the very large pink beefsteak, indeterminate, RL, extremely meaty with little seeds or gel.
I grew her this year and will be sending in seeds. She is a tomato that keeps returning to my garden and remains on my 'Must Grow List'. Glad I can make your dream come true Chief.
~ Patti ~

KathyDC
Reactions:

Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:15 am

Selbo's Red Ribbed.

Tormato
Reactions:

Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:11 pm

KathyDC wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:15 am Selbo's Red Ribbed.
I have 5 packs, or so, about 25 seeds from 2015. If fresher seed doesn't come in, I'll send at least 10 seeds.

KathyDC
Reactions:

Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:38 pm

Tormato wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:11 pm
KathyDC wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:15 am Selbo's Red Ribbed.
I have 5 packs, or so, about 25 seeds from 2015. If fresher seed doesn't come in, I'll send at least 10 seeds.
That would be amazing. Thank you!

sdambr
Reactions:

Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:35 am

crnkovic yugoslavian tomato

I have been trying to grow, but every time I have 0 germinate. :(

Tormato
Reactions:

Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:05 pm

sdambr wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:35 am crnkovic yugoslavian tomato

I've yet to dive into my bucket of Pink category varieties. I may still have CY. If it shows up, I'll do a test germination.

seasyde
Reactions:

Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:42 pm

Dr. Suds Capon Bridge

Tormato
Reactions:

Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:17 pm

seasyde wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:42 pm Dr. Suds Capon Bridge
I can't find a faint smilie.

I haven't heard of DSCB in about a decade. If you can locate Patty B. (WV) from Tomatoville, she might have it. She's collected most of the West Virginia heirlooms that I know about. I haven't heard much from her in the past couple of years, but she used to be a regular in the MMMM.

seasyde
Reactions:

Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:44 pm

Tormato wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:17 pm
seasyde wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:42 pm Dr. Suds Capon Bridge
I can't find a faint smilie.

I haven't heard of DSCB in about a decade. If you can locate Patty B. (WV) from Tomatoville, she might have it. She's collected most of the West Virginia heirlooms that I know about. I haven't heard much from her in the past couple of years, but she used to be a regular in the MMMM.
Well, I don't expect to ever find it. Still doesn't hurt to keep the name out there.... In the meantime I'll ponder my #1 realistic sought variety :D

Barb_FL
Reactions:

Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:02 pm

I have lots of these seeds that I just did a test germination of 15 seeds and may have had 100% germination. Seeds were saved in 2017.

Later years, orchid bees showed up and I was afraid of too much cross pollination so haven't been saving seeds.

I will gladly send these in and maybe I can participate too.

I also have tons of Stump of the World and General Lee seeds that I tested germination within the last couple of weeks (my season started Sept 1).
Is there any demand for these. I just didn't think I had anything to offer. I need to find the correct thread to see what is needed.

MissS
Reactions:

Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:46 pm

Barb_FL wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:02 pm

I have lots of these seeds that I just did a test germination of 15 seeds and may have had 100% germination. Seeds were saved in 2017.

Later years, orchid bees showed up and I was afraid of too much cross pollination so haven't been saving seeds.

I also have tons of Stump of the World and General Lee seeds that I tested germination within the last couple of weeks (my season started Sept 1).
Is there any demand for these. I just didn't think I had anything to offer. I need to find the correct thread to see what is needed.
Barb this is the Mostly Mystery Mater Mailing, so this is the only thread that you will find what people are wanting. It's supposed to be a secret. Of course we need your participation in this event and we need your seeds to help fill up the boat.

So come on in the water is warm, but is it safe?
~ Patti ~

Tormato
Reactions:

Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:35 pm

Barb_FL wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:02 pm

Go to the "MMMM requirements" thread.

EdieJ
Reactions:

Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:36 pm

My only request is Sweet Aperitif. None of mine germinated this year. 😢
North Central AL (mountains)
Zone 7

OhioGardener
Reactions:

Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:58 am

Yuko's Persimmon
Tormato wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:35 pm I'm going back to the origins of the swap.

I'll start...

Debbie

Amateurinawe
Reactions:

Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:10 pm

:roll: I'd love a pl variety, I'd love a mahussive variety, I'd love a pretty variegated variety, I love reds, pinks, greens, yellows and oranges and blacks and the ones that look like someone has tipped some malbec into the freshly sliced flesh. I want limey ones to make my curries with, I want salsa's tomatoes, tomatoes for sauces, sundried and beefsteak burgers and show off to neighbours tomatoes and slip into lunchbox or tiny mouths tomatoes. I want earlies and lates and oh those inbetweenies, the strong resistant to weather and disease varieties and those that need tender loving care. The tall, the short, the never quite know what varieties. The new, the old and the just to be born varieties. I want a challenge and some good old reliables, I want the fancy names, the unpronounceable names, the damn right hilarious names. I think..I think....I just want them....all. :D

However, just thinking this through just one more time. There is one of particular interest. And not sure if it will be available. The dolly parton tomato! She's the gal for me!
The behaviour of light means you observe me as i was then, and not as I am now.
I cannot change history, so I do hope i gave you a good impression of myself

Tormato
Reactions:

Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:57 pm

Amateurinawe wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:10 pm :roll: I'd love a pl variety, I'd love a mahussive variety, I'd love a pretty variegated variety, I love reds, pinks, greens, yellows and oranges and blacks and the ones that look like someone has tipped some malbec into the freshly sliced flesh. I want limey ones to make my curries with, I want salsa's tomatoes, tomatoes for sauces, sundried and beefsteak burgers and show off to neighbours tomatoes and slip into lunchbox or tiny mouths tomatoes. I want earlies and lates and oh those inbetweenies, the strong resistant to weather and disease varieties and those that need tender loving care. The tall, the short, the never quite know what varieties. The new, the old and the just to be born varieties. I want a challenge and some good old reliables, I want the fancy names, the unpronounceable names, the damn right hilarious names. I think..I think....I just want them....all. :D

However, just thinking this through just one more time. There is one of particular interest. And not sure if it will be available. The dolly parton tomato! She's the gal for me!
If you look high enough, you do realize she wears a wig, don'tcha?

The seeds I have are from 2011. They may not germinate.

Amateurinawe
Reactions:

Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:06 pm

:roll: I'd love a pl variety, I'd love a mahussive variety, I'd love a pretty variegated variety, I love reds, pinks, greens, yellows and oranges and blacks and the ones that look like someone has tipped some malbec into the freshly sliced flesh. I want limey ones to make my curries with, I want salsa's tomatoes, tomatoes for sauces, sundried and beefsteak burgers and show off to neighbours tomatoes and slip into lunchbox or tiny mouths tomatoes. I want earlies and lates and oh those inbetweenies, the strong resistant to weather and disease varieties and those that need tender loving care. The tall, the short, the never quite know what varieties. The new, the old and the just to be born varieties. I want a challenge and some good old reliables, I want the fancy names, the unpronounceable names, the damn right hilarious names. I think..I think....I just want them....all. :D

Gonna check on the wig thing real close. So old seeds fulfills the challenge bit..... :D
The behaviour of light means you observe me as i was then, and not as I am now.
I cannot change history, so I do hope i gave you a good impression of myself

MissS
Reactions:

Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:30 pm

Brody, Brody. We NEED a BIGGER boat!!!

[mention]Amateurinawe[/mention] You will need to send in a large box and extra oars rather than a bubble mailer.
~ Patti ~

Reelcharacter
Reactions:

Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:02 pm

Anyone else finding this to be a very difficult exercise, narrowing the field down to pick just one?

I think I will go with Chocolate Stripes (or anything similar).
Central NY - zone 5a

Return to “MMMM Swap”