2020 MMMM arrivals and departures

This is a yearly group seed swap event hosted by Tormato.

Moderator: Tormato

bobrarian
Reactions:

Re: MMMM arrivals and departures

Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:13 pm

I received my package yesterday. I can safely say that my mind has been blown (along with my plans for 2021, as promised!) Thank you [mention]Tormato[/mention] and everyone else who participated! (And I also accept my mission.) :)

I spent the evening and this morning entering each variety into a spreadsheet. This seed swap was better than Christmas! This was my first, but will definitely not be my last. Now I'm looking forward to saving seeds as much as I am to tasting the tomatoes.

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!

Bobby
It's difficult to think anything but pleasant thoughts while eating a homegrown tomato. - Lewis Grizzard

GardenGirl
Reactions:

Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:28 pm

Gary, my package arrived today. Super happy with what you sent me. Thank you everyone for sending seeds but especially Gary for all the work you put it. I can only imagine the hours and days and weeks of work this took. I have set aside the seeds for my 2021 assignment and will make sure to give them extra attention and save lots of those seeds. Happy holidays, Gary and everyone!

ZerosMom
Reactions:

Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:08 pm

I received my seeds today too! Thank you very much for this and it guarantees a bright 2021! Thank you, Gary, for all of your work and care!
————————————
Zone: 10b
Climate: 40s-60s winter; 60s-90s spring - summer; lots of morning dew
Average rainfall: historically 14”, but closer to < 8” now

Pokemato
Reactions:

Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:00 am

I received my package yesterday! (Insert squeal of delight and a happy dance) Wow! It was like Christmas came again, but better! I want to thank you, [mention]Tormato[/mention] , for all of your time and hard work putting all of this together, [mention]MissS[/mention] for graciously sponsoring this newbie, and everyone else who participated! This was my first, but hopefully not my last swap!

I was so excited that I happily spent the evening yesterday entering each variety into a spreadsheet and dreaming about summer tomatoes last night! I have no idea how I’ll narrow down what I’ll grow next year in my limited space, but it’ll sure be fun trying to figure it out! I am also sharing my bounty with some local friends who grow!

As an added bonus, my daughter followed me into the kitchen, where I opened the packet, also in awe at the many little packets spilled out onto the counter. When I started picking them up and reading off the names, she joined in enthusiastically, which makes it even more wonderful. I was caught off guard a few minutes later when I hear her say, “Monkey @ss” in a total, deadpan delivery, because at her age, she’s never heard the term nor has any idea that it might be an inappropriate word. She looked at me like I was crazy when I couldn’t contain my chuckles. That one might have to make the grow list for 2021 just because of that good laugh.

Tormato
Reactions:

Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:10 pm

Pokemato wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:00 am I received my package yesterday! (Insert squeal of delight and a happy dance) Wow! It was like Christmas came again, but better! I want to thank you, @Tormato , for all of your time and hard work putting all of this together, @MissS for graciously sponsoring this newbie, and everyone else who participated! This was my first, but hopefully not my last swap!

I was so excited that I happily spent the evening yesterday entering each variety into a spreadsheet and dreaming about summer tomatoes last night! I have no idea how I’ll narrow down what I’ll grow next year in my limited space, but it’ll sure be fun trying to figure it out! I am also sharing my bounty with some local friends who grow!

As an added bonus, my daughter followed me into the kitchen, where I opened the packet, also in awe at the many little packets spilled out onto the counter. When I started picking them up and reading off the names, she joined in enthusiastically, which makes it even more wonderful. I was caught off guard a few minutes later when I hear her say, “Monkey @ss” in a total, deadpan delivery, because at her age, she’s never heard the term nor has any idea that it might be an inappropriate word. She looked at me like I was crazy when I couldn’t contain my chuckles. That one might have to make the grow list for 2021 just because of that good laugh.
Hopefully that term doesn't make it to school. :roll:

Tormato
Reactions:

Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:12 pm

departures today...

FIN Ha L
NY D'A S (I hope you like zucchini)
OH Pr D
VA Ri W

NarnianGarden
Reactions:

Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:38 pm

Pokemato wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:00 am I received my package yesterday! (Insert squeal of delight and a happy dance) Wow! It was like Christmas came again, but better! I want to thank you, @Tormato , for all of your time and hard work putting all of this together, @MissS for graciously sponsoring this newbie, and everyone else who participated! This was my first, but hopefully not my last swap!

Allow me (as a non-native speaker..) to remind you that there is a perfectly non-offensive meaning to that 'a-word'. One which rhymes with 'monkey'... 8-) :lol:

Pokemato
Reactions:

Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:05 pm

NarnianGarden wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:38 pm

Allow me (as a non-native speaker..) to remind you that there is a perfectly non-offensive meaning to that 'a-word'. One which rhymes with 'monkey'... 8-) :lol:
OH yes, that is why I'd said she'd never heard the term and had no idea it MIGHT be inappropriate :) Regardless, it was a funny surprise the way it happened, lol

Tormato
Reactions:

Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:26 pm

going out today...

CO Wa J

habitat-gardener
Reactions:

Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:28 pm

WOW!!!!!! I've participated before, and I must have forgotten how astounding and overwhelming it is to get a bubbler packed with such interesting and exciting seeds!! Mission accomplished: there are at least 20 tomatoes I hadn't planned on making space for that are must-grows this year (and that's before I do some research to find out what all of the unknown-to-me varieties are! and not including the micros that won't need garden space). I thought I was going to scale back! No chance! Plus all the peppers! And legumes!!!! And so many from my various wish lists!! Thank you so much, fellow participants, and especially Chief Enabler Tormato!

Glitch
Reactions:

Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:48 pm

My package was part of the ones sent out on the 28th and it already arrived! That was crazy fast. I'm ringing in the New Year by googling all these varieties!
Miniature enthusiast. USDA Zone 6A.

MissS
Reactions:

Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:51 pm

Glitch wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:48 pm My package was part of the ones sent out on the 28th and it already arrived! That was crazy fast. I'm ringing in the New Year by googling all these varieties!
Tatianna's is a great place to research your varieties. She has spent countless hours to create this wonderful database for people to use. She currently is not working at keeping it up to date, but it is still such a wealth of information. Here is the link:
http://tatianastomatobase.com/wiki/Cate ... riety_List
~ Patti ~

HL2601
Reactions:

Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:03 am

Oh Tormato...HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Chief Enabler has outdone himself this year. What a wonderful way to ring in the New Year with a new bunch of goodies. I got my package this morning because it must have been delivered last night. What a great day I will have looking through everything. And the zucchini and winter squash this year was just fabulous!
Thank you so much Gary for starting 2021 off with a happy bang!

lee53011
Reactions:

Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:38 pm

[mention]Glitch[/mention] That means mine should be arriving tomorrow I hope!
:D

NarnianGarden
Reactions:

Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:59 pm

I just hope and pray that I gave the correct address... :shock: :?

Moved last year, and I am not sure I have given everyone the current addy.. :oops: :roll:
With all the changes in my housing situation, it is no wonder if something gets sent to a wrong place...

(and no, the mail system doesn't always automatically forward stuff... they are pretty good at that but not always)

sdambr
Reactions:

Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:41 pm

Tormato wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:12 pm departures today...

FIN Ha L
NY D'A S (I hope you like zucchini)
OH Pr D
VA Ri W
I happen to love zucchini :D

seasyde
Reactions:

Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:39 am

Received my envelope on Saturday.
Thanks Tormato for all your work! Off to do some research, then write & revise & revise & revise my grow list.
Wonder how many times it will change between now & March?

lee53011
Reactions:

Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:47 am

Received my seeds today. Can't thank you enough for making my winter much brighter! You made me much more work though. Where can I fit 30 more plants!

MissS
Reactions:

Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:59 pm

THEY'RE HERE!!!
I haven't participated in the swap in a few years and had forgotten about the wonderful magic inside the package. It's always so amazing how many surprises you can fit into 1 package. I have such a large collection of seeds already that I was surprised at how many new to me varieties I found in there. Thank you ONE and All. :)
~ Patti ~

agee
Reactions:

Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:58 pm

I got my seeds today!

Return to “MMMM Swap”