Seminis experimental hybrid tomato SV7846TH

Everything About Tomatoes
Donnyboy
Reactions:

Seminis experimental hybrid tomato SV7846TH

Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:12 pm

I received some free seeds from Seeds n Such for the subject tomato. I planted them to see what they would do. They are a highly disease resistant, indeterminate variety. They are very productive of perfectly round, baseball to softball sized tomatoes. They are late maturing, sweet tomatoes (I'm not a fan of sweet tomatoes). The early set fruit are highly susceptible to blossom end rot in extended, heavy rain. I haven't tasted them yet, but I have a couple of the very large tomatoes ripening on my kitchen counter with many more still on the vine. I can't remember growing a variety which didn't produce a ripe tomato until mid July. The tomatoes I lost to BER may have ripened earlier, but I will never know.

The Seeds n Such web page seems to no longer function. I"m hoping to find some additional seed for next year to see how well they perform in normal rain years. Any idea how I can obtain some Seminis tomato seeds in small, non commercial quantities?

MissS
Reactions:

Re: Seminis experimental hybrid tomato SV7846TH

Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:46 am

Seeds and Such does not have this tomato listed on their website but you can certainly give them a call @ (803) 663-1501 and ask them if you could have some more seed.
~ Patti ~

GoDawgs
Reactions:

Re: Seminis experimental hybrid tomato SV7846TH

Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:46 pm

If you're looking for more of this SV7846TH, I can send you mine as I just don't have the room to play with it. If you want it, just PM me.

Return to “Tomato Talk”