Members Preferred Vendors for Tomato Seeds

Everything About Tomatoes
AZGardener
Reactions:

Re: Members Preferred Vendors for Tomato Seeds

Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:47 am

Ohio Heirlooms is transitioning to a new store and url. Same owner and seeds, just a remodel/update.
https://heirloom-vegetable-seeds.com

Ohioheirloomseeds.com still works but wanted to give a heads up on the change. HTH
USDA Zone 9b, Sunset Zone 13
Average Rainfall 9.5 inches
Climate: Sonoran Desert

Shule
Reactions:

Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:42 am

Just for the record, Timeless-Tomatoes changed their website from
timeless-tomatoes.com
to
www.timelesstomatoes.store

The website and selection are somewhat different than before.
Climate: BSk
USDA hardiness zone: 6
Elevation: 2,260 feet

MissS
Reactions:

Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:15 am

@AZGardener and @Shule thank you for the updates. They are much appreciated!
~ Patti ~

bobrarian
Reactions:

Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:44 pm

Hi everyone! Would like to see if anyone has experience with Bounty Hunter Seeds (https://www.bountyhunterseeds.com/). I looked through this thread, and they don't seem to have been mentioned yet. They've been updating their site with some interesting new varieties.

Not that I need more seeds and I plan to participate in this year's MMMM swap, but I guess that's how you define addiction. :?

Thanks,
Bobby
It's difficult to think anything but pleasant thoughts while eating a homegrown tomato. - Lewis Grizzard

Spike
Reactions:

Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:00 am

bobrarian wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:44 pm Hi everyone! Would like to see if anyone has experience with Bounty Hunter Seeds
Thanks,
Bobby
NO >,< not yet . . . YOU enabler!
There is freedom waiting for you, On the breezes of the sky, And you ask 'What if I fall?' Oh but my darling, What if you fly?

MissS
Reactions:

Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:30 pm

bobrarian wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:44 pm Hi everyone! Would like to see if anyone has experience with Bounty Hunter Seeds (https://www.bountyhunterseeds.com/). I looked through this thread, and they don't seem to have been mentioned yet. They've been updating their site with some interesting new varieties.

Not that I need more seeds and I plan to participate in this year's MMMM swap, but I guess that's how you define addiction. :?

Thanks,
Bobby
He has a nice selection. I placed an order yesterday, so we shall see how fast they ship. It won't be until next year if I know if the seed is true or not. From his varieties I wonder if he was a member at TV.
~ Patti ~

bobrarian
Reactions:

Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:06 pm

@MissS Cool! Looking forward to your feedback on their customer service and speed. I know it's impossible to review the seed quality until next year.

@Spike LOL, didn't mean to be an enabler. I guess anytime there's talk about specific varieties (or vendors), we get the strange feeling that we need more seeds. :shock:
It's difficult to think anything but pleasant thoughts while eating a homegrown tomato. - Lewis Grizzard

MissS
Reactions:

Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:09 pm

@bobrarian The seeds arrived today. They look fine. There are 20 seeds to the pack.

So far he is a reliable vendor.
~ Patti ~

Shortcut Slim
Reactions:

Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:43 pm

Has the issues with Renaissance been resolved? They have the Blue Ridge Mountain, Donskoi and Wes that I am considering purchasing.Can anyone tell me what approx shipping costs are? That info in not on their website,and I don't enjoy going through the checking out process just to determine shipping costs.

MissS
Reactions:

Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:57 pm

Shortcut Slim wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:43 pm Has the issues with Renaissance been resolved? They have the Blue Ridge Mountain, Donskoi and Wes that I am considering purchasing.Can anyone tell me what approx shipping costs are? That info in not on their website,and I don't enjoy going through the checking out process just to determine shipping costs.
I received seeds from there recently. It took about 3 weeks for my order to arrive. They have a $5.00 flat rate shipping charge. If you are only looking for 3 varieties then may I suggest posting your "Want List" in the "Seeds Wanted" forum. Most of us enjoy trading seeds and most of us will send out seeds for a SASE (self addressed stamped envelope). You never know you may get all of them there or none.
~ Patti ~

Shortcut Slim
Reactions:

Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:58 am

I'll give it a try...but I can't count very well obviously. lol

DriftlessRoots
Reactions:

Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:22 am

This is a great list/thread and I plan to check them all out. But first I’m going to be lazy and ask: do any of these vendors offer “grab bag” or mixed selections? This year I will have more room to grow various new-to-me and unusual/novelty cultivars but am reluctant to buy twelve whole packets of seeds just to grow twelve different plants.
Thanks!
A nature, gardening and food enthusiast externalizing the inner monologue.🍅

habitat-gardener
Reactions:

Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:16 pm

DriftlessRoots wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:22 am This is a great list/thread and I plan to check them all out. But first I’m going to be lazy and ask: do any of these vendors offer “grab bag” or mixed selections? This year I will have more room to grow various new-to-me and unusual/novelty cultivars but am reluctant to buy twelve whole packets of seeds just to grow twelve different plants.
Thanks!
I think I’ve seen eggplant variety packs at Nikitovka, and possibly other places. Sand Hill has 10 packs for $16 or so on tomatoes (all reds, or all pinks, etc.).

You will probably get a better response if you start a new thread.

DriftlessRoots
Reactions:

Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:45 pm

habitat-gardener wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:16 pm [You will probably get a better response if you start a new thread.
Thank you! I will do that.
A nature, gardening and food enthusiast externalizing the inner monologue.🍅

zeuspaul
Reactions:

Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:49 pm

I ordered from https://www.angelfieldfarms.com/about.html this year and was very satisfied. The seeds were well labeled in a large zip lock bag including a good description and date the seeds were grown. The owner is native American and grows her own.

She does have a *grab bag* mix of over 20 types of seeds but they are all mixed together and not individually labeled.
DriftlessRoots wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:22 am This is a great list/thread and I plan to check them all out. But first I’m going to be lazy and ask: do any of these vendors offer “grab bag” or mixed selections? This year I will have more room to grow various new-to-me and unusual/novelty cultivars but am reluctant to buy twelve whole packets of seeds just to grow twelve different plants.
Thanks!

mikestuff49
Reactions:

Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:23 pm

I too have an order in to Renaissance Farms. After I ordered and paid, I expected a confirmation email. Nothing. I emailed and then got an order confirmation stating that my order had been received and was being processed. The order was placed on Feb. 2. I sent a second email asking when my order might arrive. Crickets. Doesn't seem like a good way to run a business.
The best things in life---are not things.

MissS
Reactions:

Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:56 pm

mikestuff49 wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:23 pm I too have an order in to Renaissance Farms. After I ordered and paid, I expected a confirmation email. Nothing. I emailed and then got an order confirmation stating that my order had been received and was being processed. The order was placed on Feb. 2. I sent a second email asking when my order might arrive. Crickets. Doesn't seem like a good way to run a business.
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am scratching my head wondering what is going on over there. He has a FB presence and has been active but obviously something is going on in house that is running amok. For now I am going to put a note on our Vendor List to make people aware that things are very slow and that you still can not call them and emails remain unaddressed.
~ Patti ~

mikestuff49
Reactions:

Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:58 pm

One variety that I really wanted was GGWT. I thought I had seeds but didn't. If anyone has some to share, I'd be glad to purchase, SASE, etc.

eyegrotom
Reactions:

Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:25 pm

mikestuff49 wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:58 pm One variety that I really wanted was GGWT. I thought I had seeds but didn't. If anyone has some to share, I'd be glad to purchase, SASE, etc.
Mike PM me your address and I'll put some in the mail for you

mikestuff49
Reactions:

Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:39 am

Thanks, @eyegrotom !

Return to “Tomato Talk”