Members Preferred Vendors for Tomato Seeds

Everything About Tomatoes
AZGardener
Reactions:

Re: Members Preferred Vendors for Tomato Seeds

Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:22 pm

65465Mo wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:36 am timeless-tomatoes.com Low prices, good seeds, great service , free shipping ,whats not to like.
I like Timeless Tomatoes too.
USDA Zone 9b, Sunset Zone 13
Average Rainfall 9.5 inches
Climate: Sonoran Desert

AZGardener
Reactions:

Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:25 pm

Glitch wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:08 am I had very good luck with the dwarf tomato seeds I got from Restoration Seeds
Thanks for the recommendation. I'll have to check them out.
I like Heritage Seed Market for dwarfs, some really nice varieties
good germination, great customer service.
Forgot to add Victory Seeds, also another good source for dwarfs.
USDA Zone 9b, Sunset Zone 13
Average Rainfall 9.5 inches
Climate: Sonoran Desert

Gardadore
Reactions:

Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:47 pm

Thanks for making this site. Incredibly useful as I start to place my orders for 2021. I have used so many of the vendors listed but would like to know about Renaissance Farms. I notice
that some of you got your Curtis Cheek from them but I see they have other varieties I am interested in. What has your experience been in terms of germination and true to variety?

MissS
Reactions:

Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:37 am

Gardadore wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:47 pm Thanks for making this site. Incredibly useful as I start to place my orders for 2021. I have used so many of the vendors listed but would like to know about Renaissance Farms. I notice
that some of you got your Curtis Cheek from them but I see they have other varieties I am interested in. What has your experience been in terms of germination and true to variety?
I find them to be a very good place to do business with. I don't recall if I had an off seed or not, but if I did it was only one not like some places where the entire order was incorrect. I have had an off seed or two from some of the best of the best. It seems it's just a very hard thing to control.
~ Patti ~

Gardadore
Reactions:

Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:22 pm

Thank you. They have some great offerings so I will order. They are not answering my email or phone call but may be super busy. Wasn’t sure if they were open at the moment for orders but I guess they are since they posted a 2020-21 listing.

kath
Reactions:

Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:33 pm

I've had good luck with seeds from Renee's Garden.
This year I found Frank and Karen Morton's Wild Garden Seeds, which has an amazing variety of unique lettuces; also, Siskiyou Seeds, which had some items that I couldn't find anywhere else. Both are located in OR.

https://www.reneesgarden.com/
https://www.wildgardenseed.com
https://www.siskiyouseeds.com/

Gardadore
Reactions:

Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:55 am

Siskiyou does have some interesting seeds. May order from there! With this pandemic am having fun checking out many new vendors. Will have more seeds than I know what to do with but it’s fun and they do need our support, right?!!!! 😆🤣!!

Simmran1
Reactions:

Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:32 am

This list is a great resource and I've been to all but a few. There are others on Ebay and Amazon
that I trust as well - do your own searching there and look for 100% feedback.
It seems Vertiloom is now not shipping to the U.S. as a Brexit issue they are trying to resolve, at least
that's what the response was to my message to them recently. A new for 2021 is Hazzards for the home gardener
https://www.hazzardsgreenhouse.com/all- ... items.html

Nicolesica
Reactions:

Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:17 am

Hi, MissS,
I'm new here, so don't know if this is allowed or has already been suggested, but a good seed source for beginners is Little Shop of Seeds. They have a very limited selection, but the prices are extremely reasonable and the quality of every seed I have ever purchased from them has been excellent. Always 100% germination.
Here is a link to their page: https://www.littleshopofseeds.com/

MissS
Reactions:

Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:25 pm

Nicolesica wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:17 am Hi, MissS,
I'm new here, so don't know if this is allowed or has already been suggested, but a good seed source for beginners is Little Shop of Seeds. They have a very limited selection, but the prices are extremely reasonable and the quality of every seed I have ever purchased from them has been excellent. Always 100% germination.
Here is a link to their page: https://www.littleshopofseeds.com/
Hi Nicolesica, your recommendation is important to us and is certainly appreciated. I looked at the website and it looks great and has extremely reasonable prices for their seeds. Thank you so much for sharing this vendor with us.
~ Patti ~

Nicolesica
Reactions:

Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:13 am

[mention]MissS[/mention], I just want to thank you for posting this wonderful list. I just purchased seeds for the first time ever from Knapps and couldn't be happier! :)

MissS
Reactions:

Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:45 am

Nicolesica wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:13 am @MissS, I just want to thank you for posting this wonderful list. I just purchased seeds for the first time ever from Knapps and couldn't be happier! :)
I'm so glad that you made use of the list. Carolyn at Knapps does a nice job and is a remarkable person.
~ Patti ~

Zenbaas
Reactions:

Wed May 26, 2021 11:44 am

Is Renaissance Farms still a safe place to buy from and recommend...? I ordered a few days ago and paid via Paypal but they have taken the money but not allocated the payment. With further investigation I see lots of people complaining on their FB page with similar issues with no communication and wrong orders sent or not sent etc...?

EDIT: Their online contact form doesn't work and the email address they list doesn't exist (it simply bounces back).

One last EDIT: And it was one of the few places I could find KBX,GGWT and Midnight Sun :/ :|

PlainJane
Reactions:

Wed May 26, 2021 3:03 pm

[mention]Zenbaas[/mention], I’ve ordered from them multiple times and been happy.
I know they’ve recently shifted to a new website, and this is a very busy time of year for all gardening suppliers.
They have a Facebook page where they post updates on whether they’re backlogged, etc. so you could check in there as well.
“Never try to outstubborn a cat.”
- Robert A. Heinlein

Zenbaas
Reactions:

Wed May 26, 2021 3:13 pm

PlainJane wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 3:03 pm @Zenbaas, I’ve ordered from them multiple times and been happy.
I know they’ve recently shifted to a new website, and this is a very busy time of year for all gardening suppliers.
They have a Facebook page where they post updates on whether they’re backlogged, etc. so you could check in there as well.
I did. That's where most of the complaints are. Some of these complaints (same concerns as me) were months ago and not even recently.

Gardadore
Reactions:

Wed May 26, 2021 5:31 pm

I hope they get straightened out as I ordered for the first time from them this year and find they have super offerings. I did find their communication a little lacking but the seeds arrived. Most had good germination except one or two that required reseeding but I eventually got enough plants for each variety.
I was hoping to order from them again for next year so do keep us up to date on what you learn about this company.

MissS
Reactions:

Wed May 26, 2021 7:38 pm

Curtis has said that he has been sick lately. He also says that he is better and that orders are going out again. However, his is contact form is not working and he is not answering his phone so I just don't know. I have been trying to contact him for 2 weeks now.
~ Patti ~

Zenbaas
Reactions:

Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:50 am

Zenbaas wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 11:44 am Is Renaissance Farms still a safe place to buy from and recommend...? I ordered a few days ago and paid via Paypal but they have taken the money but not allocated the payment. With further investigation I see lots of people complaining on their FB page with similar issues with no communication and wrong orders sent or not sent etc...?

EDIT: Their online contact form doesn't work and the email address they list doesn't exist (it simply bounces back).

One last EDIT: And it was one of the few places I could find KBX,GGWT and Midnight Sun :/ :|
So 2 months later and I have still not received my seeds from Renaissance farms. I have however received seeds ordered from all the other vendors. Make of it what you will but I wouldn't recommend them as a vendor that's for sure.

MissS
Reactions:

Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:53 pm

Zenbaas wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:50 am
Zenbaas wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 11:44 am Is Renaissance Farms still a safe place to buy from and recommend...? I ordered a few days ago and paid via Paypal but they have taken the money but not allocated the payment. With further investigation I see lots of people complaining on their FB page with similar issues with no communication and wrong orders sent or not sent etc...?

So 2 months later and I have still not received my seeds from Renaissance farms. I have however received seeds ordered from all the other vendors. Make of it what you will but I wouldn't recommend them as a vendor that's for sure.
Zenbaas have you ever received those seeds or had contact with Curtis yet? He has been posting on Facebook but I don't know...
~ Patti ~

Zenbaas
Reactions:

Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:12 pm

MissS wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:53 pm
Zenbaas wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:50 am

Zenbaas have you ever received those seeds or had contact with Curtis yet? He has been posting on Facebook but I don't know...
Hi only saw your post now.

As luck would have it the packet arrived on Wednesday this week. All very random but I'm glad it finally arrived at least. :D 8-)

Return to “Tomato Talk”