Shading New Pepper Transplants

Discussion and tips for growing all types of peppers
friedgreen51
Reactions:

Shading New Pepper Transplants

Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:48 pm

My husband and I went on a trip this morning to a large herb farm. Herbs were the primary target of the outing, but they also had some nice vegetable seedlings in 4 inch pots for $2.00. I picked out 2 peppers, Cayenne Ring of Fire and Sweet Mini Pepper Bangles. I had some already prepared pots for them, so i decided to go ahead and plant them. I also had a small Tam Jalapeno transplant that needed to get in the dirt that I had been growing in my greenhouse.

It was extremely hot this afternoon and since all of these peppers had been growing in a green house with a shade cloth, including the Tam Jalapeno they weren't happy with all that sun so quickly. They need some shading for a few days. I came up with this idea and wanted to use something I had on hand. I used some Tulle fabric left over from a sewing project and some paper binder clips. I folded the Tulle in half and then doubled it. It let's some sun through and rain. I will probably leave them on about a week to get the transplants use to being outside.
New Peppers Shading Idea.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “The Pepper Patch”