Sweet Golden Marconi

Discussion and tips for growing all types of peppers
TomHillbilly
Reactions:

Sweet Golden Marconi

Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:30 pm

I think I had about a dozen experimental pepper varieties, plus my old favorites for 2020. Only 2 varieties impressed me, and both were sweet peppers. Sheepnose Pimento-- I was very surprised by. My expectations were low. I never believed I would replace my old heart shaped Pimento.  I've got an older post of it on this site, with a picture. 
Then there was Sweet Golden Marconi. I almost didn't try this pepper. I'd read articles about how it was a lesser producer than some people liked. I'm not a good bell pepper grower. Other people can take my seedling plants I give them, and produce big huge bell peppers. Pretty bad when people beat you with your own plants. LOL..Golden Marconi produces a 6 to 9 inch thick walled pepper. They are beefy with weight. You can do anything with them, that you can do with a bell pepper. Even I can do good with these peppers.  Again-- Pictures are deceptive. The peppers you are looking at will get big-- trust me. 
20200822_190746.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lee53011
Reactions:

Re: Sweet Golden Marconi

Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:07 pm

[mention]TomHillbilly[/mention] How do they compare to Giant Marconi in size?

TomHillbilly
Reactions:

Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:21 am

lee53011----- I sure wish you had not of asked that question-- LOL. What I wrote above is what was written on the seed package order. The size measurements I mentioned, is the size I grew. I gave a buddy 4 plants, he grows the biggest peppers of anyone I know. Looking at his Marconi, made me wonder if the plants wasn't Giant Marconi. His peppers were 1/3 larger than mine. I can't imagine peppers that big, that wasn't giant?
IN SHORT-- I've never sown seeds that were marked Giant Marconi. If the seeds collected from these plants germinate. Then I'm sticking with them.
Only a few turn red. They do turn a nice golden color, as the advertisement claim. PS-- I'm not pleased with the answer I gave you either. LOL

lee53011
Reactions:

Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:06 am

They look to be producing a huge harvest, so it looks like a winner!

Return to “The Pepper Patch”