Various "Dwarf Poinciana" seeds available- CLOSED!!

Gardenboy
Reactions:

Various "Dwarf Poinciana" seeds available- CLOSED!!

Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:42 pm

Also called the Bird of Paradise, Bride of Barbados and also the Peacock Flower.

Dwarf poincianas like full to part sun and are fast growers to 10 or 12 feet, but can be kept trimmed at 6 to 8 feet.

Best in Zone 10. the tree can be grown in warmer areas of Zone 9B with winter protection.
Some sources describe the dwarf poinciana tree as evergreen, but that will depend on where in South Florida you live...the farther south, the more likely the plant will keep its leaves in winter. Once winter temperatures dip into the 40's, the tree will likely drop some or all its leaves.
Young trees have thorns on the branches but they'll disappear as the plant matures and bark begins to form.
Seed pods form as the flowers die, and you can leave them there or remove them for a cleaner look.

This dwarf tree is moderately salt-tolerant and drought-tolerant once established. It prefers regular waterings with time to dry out in between. If nothing else, at least water it during dry spells when we've had no rain.

I have the yellow, pink and orange/yellow combination which is the most common. No trade needed. Just send me a PM and also legal size envelope SASE. Produces flowers and seeds all season. I fertilize 3 times a year with Garden-Tone and a cup of bone meal to promote blooming. The Yellow Bird of Paradise or Dwarf Poinciana has a more brighter green / lace foliage than the others but ALL have thorns throughout the plant.
Orange with yellow dwarf poinciana.jpg
Yellow bird of Paradise.jpg
Pink dwarf poinciana.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Seed Offers”