LEMONGRASS seeds available

Gardenboy
Reactions:

LEMONGRASS seeds available

Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:47 pm

I love lemongrass and decided to let a few of my plants go to seed. It's very beneficial to combat whitefly, aphids and spider mites. U can cut the grass and get a very lemony scent. The blades are somewhat sharp so be careful when pruning. I cut it back several times a year and it comes right back bigger and better. U can also boil the grass blades and make a nice lemon tea. I have seeds if anyone would like to grow this plant. Plant grows best in full sun in zones 11 to 13 but can be overwintered in a greenhouse or basement. Plant will grow over 8 ft and wide as well but you can prune it to keep it the size you want. Send me a SASE for the seeds. Very easy to grow just like most grass seeds. No trade needed.
lemongrass.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

maters-pepps-n-moreforBob
Reactions:

Re: LEMONGRASS seeds available

Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:56 pm

Hello Gardenboy! I have tried to grow this in zone 7b, Southern Delaware without much success. I used coconut coir and perlite as a medium but never got to the point of feeling they were ready to transplant. Maybe it was something I was doing wrong. Is this offer still available as I would like to try again. Thank you and have a Very Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year!

Nan6b
Reactions:

Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:00 pm

Gardenboy, your seeds arrived some days ago. Thank you!

bluee19
Reactions:

Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:17 am

Thank you Gardenboy for the lemongrass seeds and letting me know how to grow them. So appreciative to you and Happy New Year to everyone!!

Return to “Seed Offers”