Black Krim Sport - (from Canada) free or trade

LindyAdele
Reactions:

Black Krim Sport - (from Canada) free or trade

Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:28 am

I have a sport that grew from a commercial package of Black Krim. It's not exactly like anything I've found out there - although I'd be happy to be corrected! I've been calling it "Lindy's Little Krim" or Lindy's Little.
It's very uniform, no cracking at all. I have had it grown out by at least 10 others and so far it has always grown true, and for me multiple plants each year for the last 8 years. It isn't a cherry, or a saladette really - just a tiny productive uniform Krim! About the size of a golf ball, or commercial Kumato. These seeds are from 2019, when I last had a very healthy crop. I don't know if anyone at all would be interested in them, but I thought I'd offer!

I have lots of seed - so am offering packs of 10-20 seeds to anyone, until my stamps or supply runs out. If you're in the USA, I may ask someone there to distribute for me. Please post below if you are interested in seeds, or DM me your address.

I would take seeds in return, if you have extra of something but it is not necessary.
(I love bi-colours, stripes, yellow-orange-whites, and anything very hardy and productive. I have a very small seed collection at the moment after basement flooding, home renos, and a couple of bad crop years).

Here are a few photos of Lindy's Little!

(here they are with blush, black cherry, sungold, zapotec and white tomesol tomatoes for size reference! I probably got 60 tomatoes off of a patio potted plant?)
Last edited by LindyAdele on Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
LINDY

zone 5
short season, with hot summers, Ontario Canada
Enchanted by colourful vegetables that can be grown in her city backyard, world cuisine, forests and firelight.

pondgardener
Reactions:
Location: 30 miles southeast of the Supermax prison in Florence, Colorado

Re: Black Krim Sport - (Canada) free or trade

Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:47 am

[mention]LindyAdele[/mention] Glad to see that you found us, welcome! That is a pretty looking tomato! Regarding sharing seeds with people in the USA, you may consider what a member from Europe did and send a bunch of seeds to a member here in the United States and then that member started sending seeds to members that request it. If there are no volunteers, I would be glad to do it for you, and return any shared seeds back to you.
It's not what you gather, but what you scatter, that tells what kind of life you have lived.

LindyAdele
Reactions:

Re: Black Krim Sport - (Canada) free or trade

Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:22 am

Just arrived here, after being away from the other forum for a while and apparently missing the migration? So happy to see such an active positive place has been created!

Pondgardener- I would be happy to send you seeds, thank you for the offer to help distribute! That is a much simpler way to do it! But if it's just one or two people, I can just double stamp the envelope I think and be fine. Who knows, maybe no one needs these right now? There are about a billion tomatoes out there. But these are a must-grow for me each year.
LINDY

zone 5
Enchanted by colourful vegetables that can be grown in her city backyard, world cuisine, forests and firelight.

MissS
Reactions:

Re: Black Krim Sport - (from Canada) free or trade

Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:37 am

Welcome [mention]LindyAdele[/mention]! I thought that I recognized you and your tomato. I'm so happy that you have found us and that you're enjoying the forum. :D
~ Patti ~

HenriSportif
Reactions:

Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:14 am

Hi Lindy, welcome to the forum here! You and I traded seeds a couple years ago and although I have Lindy's Little Krim from you, I haven't grown it yet. I grow Black Krim every year and of course some years are better than others. Last season I think I got three tomatoes from one plant ( it was in a poor location ). This year I'll give LLK a try.

I think you also sent Copper River, which I loved!

I have a lot of seeds I can send you, just PM your address. :D
~Bee

This then is life - How curious! How real! Underfoot, the divine soil - Overhead, the sun.

LindyAdele
Reactions:

Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:08 am

HenriSportif - PM sent! Nice to reconnect with garden friends. :) I have sent out so many seeds over the years. If you do grow Lindy's Little, let me know what you think!
LINDY

zone 5

nathan125
Reactions:

Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:05 pm

Message sent. Definitely interested in the offer

JRinPA
Reactions:

Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:55 am

That first picture makes me hungry for apple crisp! Thanks for the offer and welcome aboard!
edit, forgot - I'd like to try lindy's little krim, here in PA, so if you get enough interest for a US distributor I'm in. Pondgardener sent me OR117 a few years back.

jmsieglaff
Reactions:

Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:37 pm

I grew your Lindy's Little Krim in 2021 and really enjoyed it (I have grown Black Krim every year for many years). It was a very healthy plant and extremely productive too. Thank you for sharing it with everyone! My skin was yellow, is that consistent with what you've had (it appears so in your pictures)? I ask because Black Krim has clear skin--so what ever mutation that created this small fruit, also resulted in yellow skin (assuming mine was not an outlier).

LindyAdele
Reactions:

Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:19 pm

jmsieglaff wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:37 pm I grew your Lindy's Little Krim in 2021 and really enjoyed it (I have grown Black Krim every year for many years). It was a very healthy plant and extremely productive too. Thank you for sharing it with everyone! My skin was yellow, is that consistent with what you've had (it appears so in your pictures)? I ask because Black Krim has clear skin--so what ever mutation that created this small fruit, also resulted in yellow skin (assuming mine was not an outlier).
You know, I'm not sure if the skin is yellow or clear, I just know it isn't pink!! It probably is more yellow.
I love Black Krim tomatoes and still grow them. This came out of a pack of seeds from Baker Creek, it was pretty weird. I've checked for years to see if they were growing anything similar and have yet to find an exact match. I don't know how sports or mutations work, just that this has been consistent from my first plant for 9 summers now!
LINDY

zone 5

Danny
Reactions:

Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:42 pm

Ohh, Black Krim is so good in a good year, this might be a good mutation to try !! Can you PM me and exchange information for it? Thanks in advance.

WoodSprite
Reactions:

Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:08 pm

I just saw this post. I know I'm too late but wanted to say what a generous offer you made, @LindyAdele. Those are beautiful tomatoes.

I'm curious from anyone that grew them:
(1) Do they taste like Black Krim?
(2) What's the approximated days to maturity after transplant? Or are they early/mid/late season for first harvest?

@JRinPA, your climate is the most similar to mine here in the center of Pennsylvania so I'm especially interested in what you have to say if your grew them.
~ Darlene ~
My garden is made of multiple 6' diameter x 24" tall round stock tanks, located in a small clearing on our wooded property in the center of Pennsylvania. Hardiness zone 6b (updated). Heat zone 4.

LindyAdele
Reactions:

Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:57 pm

Woodsprite,
I'm happy to send you some to try if you like! PM me an address.
They are solidly mid season for me, 75-80 days. Pretty vigorous. Truth be told, I still think Black Krim is better tasting, but they are similar ( stellar with salt, raw or in salad etc.) both have the sweet smokiness of a very good black. These are just so much more reliable and productive than a black Krim for me!

I'd love to hear from others how they grow for them!
LINDY

zone 5

Zenbaas
Reactions:

Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:45 am

LindyAdele wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:57 pm Woodsprite,
They are solidly mid season for me, 75-80 days. Pretty vigorous. Truth be told, I still think Black Krim is better tasting, but they are similar ( stellar with salt, raw or in salad etc.) both have the sweet smokiness of a very good black. These are just so much more reliable and productive than a black Krim for me!

How tall/big does the plant grow would you say?

WoodSprite
Reactions:

Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:51 am

@LindyAdele, thanks for answering my questions. I was really curious about that. I love how uniform they look. I'll message you.
~ Darlene ~
My garden is made of multiple 6' diameter x 24" tall round stock tanks, located in a small clearing on our wooded property in the center of Pennsylvania. Hardiness zone 6b (updated). Heat zone 4.

LindyAdele
Reactions:

Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:01 pm

Zenbaas -
I have grown them in raised beds and they reach 5 feet like most of my other 'well behaved' indeterminates, but a little more compact. So now I grow them - 2 plants in a big pot on my patio. They reach 4 feet there. They have a regular leaf pattern, are definitely not a dwarf, not spindly.
Zenbaas wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:45 am
LindyAdele wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:57 pm Woodsprite,

How tall/big does the plant grow would you say?
LINDY

zone 5

NarnianGarden
Reactions:

Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:10 am

Wow, they look lovely! As I love Black kris so much, a smaller version would be lovely..
Do you still have some left over?

Return to “Seed Offers”