Free Galapagos Island tomato seeds

Shule
Reactions:

Free Galapagos Island tomato seeds

Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:53 pm

Edit: This offer is currently closed.

If anyone in the USA wants free Galapagos Island tomato seeds, send me a PM, and we can arrange for you to send a SASE.

The seeds were saved in 2019. The fruits are extremely early. Generous production. Indeterminate. Grows and fruits all season. Easy to find the fruits to harvest. They get marble-sized to a bit larger. They're kind of acidic (not what I call sweet). They're yellow/golden.

I got my original seeds from wintersown.org in the fall of 2014. It was listed as Solanum cheesmanii (but we know that's supposed to be Solanum cheesmaniae, since the person the species was named after is female). I don't know if it's pure S. cheesmaniae, but it has different traits than other tomatoes. It's also hardy, and heat/cold/drought-tolerant.

This exact variety of S. cheesmaniae is hard to find. So, I want to make sure others have seeds.

Disclaimer: I zap my seeds with a Z4EX instead of fermenting them. I work to remove the gel sacks first, though. I didn't bag the blossoms, but the seeds are from an assortment of fruits (so, if one seed is crossed, that doesn't mean all the others are likely to be).
Last edited by Shule on Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Climate: BSk
USDA hardiness zone: 6
Elevation: 2,260 feet

goodloe
Reactions:

Re: Free Galapagos Island tomato seeds

Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:54 pm

Looks cool! PM sent...
I have 2 seasons: Tomato and pepper season, and BAMA Football season!

Return to “Seed Offers”