Just Fruits & Exotics

Nan6b
Reactions:

Just Fruits & Exotics

Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:20 am

I ordered an elderberry tree from these folks. It was supposed to be 3' tall and a 3 gallon pot. I'm expecting a bare root stick 2' tall. What I got is a large, gorgeous, multi-branched plant in full leaf in a 3 gallon trade pot. They had a very good price and a low shipping fee compared to other vendors, and a superior product. I recommend them.

PlainJane
Reactions:

Re: Just Fruits & Exotics

Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:43 am

I have 2 fig trees from them and also had a good experience. Wish they carried the low chill cherry trees I’m after!
“Never try to outstubborn a cat.”
- Robert A. Heinlein

Shule
Reactions:

Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:15 pm

[mention]PlainJane[/mention]
I know they're not cherries, but I believe some peaches and probably all almonds should grow fine in a warmer area. I wonder if there are some cherry hybrids with other Prunus species that might be available. I've been waiting for a peach x cherry hybrid to surface commercially, but I still haven't found that one. Maybe an apricot would do the trick.

The Verry Cherry plum sounds interesting. It's a plum-cherry hybrid grown in California. I'm not sure if it handles somewhat warmer zones where figs grow, nor if it's even available as a tree (they sell the fruit).
Climate: BSk
USDA hardiness zone: 6
Elevation: 2,260 feet

EdieJ
Reactions:

Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:32 pm

I just bookmarked their site. Most of what I would like to have is out of stock and it's getting late in the season for planting. Might try in the fall, they have some really great-sounding fruits!
North Central AL (mountains)
Zone 7

Return to “Fruits/Berries/Currants”