TheDante´s humble Tomatoes & Garden

Let's see those Photos and videos!!
TheDante
Reactions:

Re: TheDante´s humble Tomatoes

Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:09 pm

Growing Coastal wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:45 pm Not seeing a video but I never get tired of looking at that chocolate stripes. The property sounds well planted and well used. No doubt very enjoyable to be in.
huh... that´s strange :( the post above ddsack´s comment?

hmmmm… click on this and see if it helps? do let me know if you are still able to see it?

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=143#p2530
Karen´s current status - tomato nutcase :D

Kind hearts are the gardens, Kind thoughts are the roots, Kind words are the blossoms, Kind deeds are the fruits - Karpal Singh

MissS
Reactions:

Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:24 pm

I'm not seeing the video or any links to one.
~ Patti ~

TheDante
Reactions:

Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:26 pm

That is so strange… ddsack is able to and you and Growing Coastal aren´t able to ? =(

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=143#p2530
Last edited by TheDante on Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kind hearts are the gardens, Kind thoughts are the roots, Kind words are the blossoms, Kind deeds are the fruits - Karpal Singh

TheDante
Reactions:

Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:29 pm

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video. ... &width=560" width="560" height="316" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

click on that and see if it helps? - it is choppy for the 1st few seconds
Last edited by TheDante on Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

MsCowpea
Reactions:

Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:38 pm

I can’t get the video to play either. But your description of all you have is amazing. So many fruit trees—must be wonderful. Do you have that video on Facebook? Would love to see it.

(Could you just tell Charles Dowding that the seeds were mislabeled but not by you! Maybe you could just send him new seeds from your stash of both tomatoes (vintage wine and chocolate stripe) and tell him you want him to have the correct name for the variety. He could compare to what he has. Elaine
"When we kill off the natural enemies of a pest we inherit their work."
Carl Huffaker

TheDante
Reactions:

Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:23 pm

Hey Elaine,

Thank you for your kind words :D

I was using Facebook as a platform to upload my videos. It is really strange that some peeps can watch it and some not.

As for Charles, I did think about sending him a couple more different tomato seeds and sorting out the boo boo of the name of the tomato variety but I think I will do it next year and send him a few more varieties. :D He has saved seeds from the one I gave him because he featured ´Vintage Wine´ tomato plants in one of video whereby he was explaining about pruning tomato side shoots. :lol:

Once again, do let me know if you are able to see the facebook link to the video below - or anyone else too. Cheers! Fingers crossed! ;)

www.facebook.com/karen.vater.549/posts/175519870196888
Last edited by TheDante on Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

TheDante
Reactions:

Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:41 pm

Just for a laugh, dug out his pruning (removing side shoots) tomato video - at 2:28 he mentions Vintage Wine :lol:

I gave him the seeds in Feb 2016 and he grew them the same year, this video was done in Summer 2017 - I make a pretty good P.I. don´t I ? :lol:

eyegrotom
Reactions:

Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:17 pm

Hi Karen I was able to watch the video. You sure have a very nice garden.

MsCowpea
Reactions:

Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:50 pm

Wow, that is an incredible garden. Watched it twice as it is hard to take it all in. Must be even more amazing in summer with all the trees in full bloom.
Loved the chair positioned way in back. Must be nice to sit there and take it all in. You need a couple of them! Pretty house too.

Re: C.D. Pruning Video. Now you have done it! Right there on video for posterity. 😂😂😂.
But hey, you thought it was vintage wine and innocently 😇 passed it on.

Elaine
Carl Huffaker

TheDante
Reactions:

Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:19 am

eyegrotom wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:17 pm Hi Karen I was able to watch the video. You sure have a very nice garden.
Thank you eyegrotom (Tom) :D The garden keeps my sanity :lol: or sometimes not too!

It will be sooooooooooooo fun next year with the tomatoes!

TheDante
Reactions:

Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:43 am

MsCowpea wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:50 pm Wow, that is an incredible garden. Watched it twice as it is hard to take it all in. Must be even more amazing in summer with all the trees in full bloom.
Loved the chair positioned way in back. Must be nice to sit there and take it all in. You need a couple of them! Pretty house too.
Thanks Elaine. It is my pride and joy and occasional ´nightmare´ too. When everything turns green and high and tall. Means it is time to mow! It is like an obstacle course for the poor hubby to mow because this gremlin will always try to look for any available space to plant more stuff! :lol:

Truth be told, hardly ever have much time to sit down during the growing season. There is always something to do. The chair and little table at the back of the garden was also put there in memory of my late mother in law. It was her spot. :)

Will take more pics when when everything starts to turn green.

The house was built new and it is an energy saving house with floor heating using some kinda technology to harness air as a heat source. And we made very sure that the ceiling was flat and not slanting like most of the houses in Germany. Definitely helps too for my 1.94m (6foot3´) hubby! :lol:

TheDante
Reactions:

Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:45 am

MsCowpea wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:50 pm
Re: C.D. Pruning Video. Now you have done it! Right there on video for posterity. 😂😂😂.
But hey, you thought it was vintage wine and innocently 😇 passed it on.
Elaine
I know! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Unless he removes the video completely!

eyegrotom
Reactions:

Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:39 pm

TheDante wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:19 am
eyegrotom wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:17 pm Hi Karen I was able to watch the video. You sure have a very nice garden.
Thank you eyegrotom (Tom) :D The garden keeps my sanity :lol: or sometimes not too!

Hi Karen my name is Mike. Aka eyegrotom

Lotte
Reactions:

Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:59 am

What a beautiful garden you have, looks just like my dream, you have done a great job there.It must be like winning the lottery finding such a place and be able to get it.And your cat is so sweet!!!

TheDante
Reactions:

Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:35 am

eyegrotom wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:39 pm
TheDante wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:19 am
eyegrotom wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:17 pm

Hi Karen my name is Mike. Aka eyegrotom
Yikes! So so so sorry Mike. My bad. I have no idea how I ended up with Tom... I realised that I had gotten you mixed up with another member encore… my sincere apologies. :cry:

And I only just realised about your username… (I grow tom) ! Nice play on the name! :D
Last edited by TheDante on Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheDante
Reactions:

Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:46 am

Lotte wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:59 am What a beautiful garden you have, looks just like my dream, you have done a great job there.It must be like winning the lottery finding such a place and be able to get it.And your cat is so sweet!!!
Hey Lotte! Good to see you. Hope you are well and enjoying your holiday season. And thank you so much for your kind words too :D

You are so right. When we discovered this piece of land, it was a done deal. Fell in love with it immediately. I can still remember they only showed 1 picture of the land with some horses on the real estate website . And my dear husband went to have a look at it first and then he showed me! By hook or by crook we wanted to live here! We had to wait for over a year before we could finalise purchasing the land because it was shared among 7 very very elderly people born in the 1920s! :lol:

:lol: Thank you. The Dante is my most beloved boy cat! The dear hubby always tells me he also wants to be my cat in his next life! :lol:

Watch this bean thief! That´s him! :lol:

www.facebook.com/karen.vater.549/videos ... 536867588/

MsCowpea
Reactions:

Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:38 am

Love your cat eating a green bean. That deserves to go ‘viral’ on the internet-so unusual. I complain to my husband that our cats do NOTHING worthy of becoming an internet sensation!😸

But back to the beans. Have you found a Bush bean that you like? I am a big fan of heirloom Kentucky Wonder Pole beans
Though they don’t taste as good (in Florida) as the ones my grandmother grew in Missouri. I am trying a couple
Bush beans this season but no beans yet.
Last edited by MsCowpea on Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carl Huffaker

TheDante
Reactions:

Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:49 am

Hey Elaine,

I know! :lol: Everyone is completely speechless of a cat that eats beans! :lol: UNHEARD of! My mum is utterly amused!

Yes, there are 2 bush bean varieties that I only grow now after trialling them for the past 3 years. Prinzessa and Primavera. They are both very similar really. And most importantly they are very productive (prolific) and they don´t get overly plump too quickly.

I love just stir frying them with chopped garlic and salt and white pepper! yummmmmmmmmmmmy! Can´t get any tastier or easier than this!

And I also have Charles´ infamous always recommended butter beans, a runner bean variety called Czar. Would love to send some of these bean seeds to you, but I am unsure if they might get confiscated due to the US customs. PM me if you would like some and we could figure something out... shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and shoooooooooooooooooooo customs!

The bush beans that The Dante eats is one of those I recommended too! :lol: He is a testatment of it´s tastiness! haha!

Czar butterbohnen.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by TheDante on Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheDante
Reactions:

Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:51 am

MsCowpea wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:38 am Love your cat eating a green bean. That deserves to go ‘viral’ on the internet-so unusual. I complain to my husband that our cats do NOTHING worthy of becoming an internet sensation!😸
you will love this since you are a cat lover too! remember to put the sound on! :lol:

www.facebook.com/karen.vater.549/posts/175498280199047

TheDante
Reactions:

Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:55 am

Charles´butter beans Youtube video

Return to “The Gallery”