Stochastic Contemplations.

Off Topic Area
EdieJ
Reactions: 234

Re: Stochastic Contemplations.

Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:51 pm

@worth1 We went for years avoiding hot dogs and macaroni & cheese because that was pretty much all we ate when we were first married. Thank goodness for Sunday dinners with either my parents or his!
North Central AL (mountains)
Zone 7

worth1
Reactions: 1441

Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:57 pm

EdieJ wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:51 pm
@worth1 We went for years avoiding hot dogs and macaroni & cheese because that was pretty much all we ate when we were first married. Thank goodness for Sunday dinners with either my parents or his!
There is an old saying that goes something like this.
Silk slippers going down the stairs meet wooden shoes going up. ;)
Worth
Paul Prudhomme Is The Head Chef In Heaven

Donnyboy
Reactions: 111

Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:07 pm

"Garden isn’t quite as much fun as it was a month ago. Still, there are bright spots amongst the decay. My purple hull peas are now looking great and being all productive. My dozen or so Louisiana green velvet okra plants are gaining size daily. Thai Red noodle beans are reaching for the sky. South Anna Butternut squash has sprouted, one hill as an experiment to see where it goes.The smooth and ridged Luffa germinated, another one to satisfy a curiosity. "

I grew Luffa for many years when we lived in Louisiana. We had a Junk tree or what some people call trash tree in our back yard. I let it grow and even built a two foot deep bed around it. I knew it would quickly become taller than my house. Every spring, I would plant louffa seeds at the base of the tree. They germinated easily and grew rapidly to the top of the tree. People driving on our street would see that tall tree above my house and stop and ask what that tree in my backyard with giant fruit in it is. I would explain those are louffa vines and Luffa gourds handing from vines in the tree. Most people have no idea how long luffa gourds grow. I had some Chinese friends who ate luffa when the gourds were about the size of Zucchini. I tried it, but didn't think it had any taste, but I kept growing them for fun.

worth1
Reactions: 1441

Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:38 am

I had cucumbers growing in my loquat trees one year.
Worth
Paul Prudhomme Is The Head Chef In Heaven

Return to “Area 51”