Tell us about yourself!
- Reactions: 4
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:35 pm
Good morning all.
Had some initial problems with the login but got that straightened out finally.
I live in Ontario and have been growing tomatoes since 1995. A fellow I worked with, an Italian gardener gave me his favourite seeds to grow
and sadly he passed away shortly after, but I was hooked.
I don't post a lot, I will admit, but if I see someone looking for seeds I may have, I will try and help if I can.
I see a lot of familiar names on here which is great. Thanks to those who let me know about Marsha's seed offer.
Coldest day this winter so far -29 this morning.
I'm going to have a look around The Junction to see what there is to see now.
- Reactions: 128
- Posts: 256
- Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:14 pm
- Location: So Cal
Hi. Neil welcome to the Junction from sunny Southern California
- Reactions: 10
- Posts: 24
- Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:29 am
Welcome from a fellow northerner.
- Reactions: 809
- Posts: 1311
- Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:44 pm
- Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Welcome! We're also having a cold day here in NL today, going to -15 C tonight with windchills -30. Thankful to be indoors catching a few rays from a sunny window.
Tomato time will come, but February is always the longest month of the year.
AgCan Zone 5a/USDA zone 4
temperate marine climate
yearly precip 61 inches/1550 mm
- Reactions: 49
- Posts: 85
- Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:35 am
- Location: near Ottawa, CANADA
It is indeed our coldest day of the year. I also live in Canada, just north of Ottawa.
"ad vitam aeternam"
- Reactions: 34
- Posts: 47
- Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:02 pm
A warm welcome from cold Finland.
- Reactions: 50
- Posts: 65
- Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:52 am
- Location: Brownville, Nebraska
Is that -29 C? That is still around -20F. Very cold by any standard. Hopefully a warming trend is on the way.
- Reactions: 1087
- Posts: 1978
- Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:55 am
- Location: Wisconsin Zone 5b
Welcome! So glad that you made it here. We too had our coldest day of the year. Last night went down to -20F it is a mere 1F right now.
~ Patti ~
- Reactions: 43
- Posts: 64
- Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:37 am
- Location: Northern BC, Canada
Hi there, and welcome from northern BC! I saw the forecast for Ontario on tv this morning and was shocked - you're getting the kind of frigid temps we usually do up here! Stay cozy and wait for signs of Spring.
Glad you joined us here on Tomato Junction.
- Reactions: 149
- Posts: 284
- Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:12 am
- Location: Arizona, USA
Welcome to the Junction from Arizona!
USDA Zone 9b
Average Rainfall 9.5 inches
Climate: Sonoran Desert
- Reactions: 311
- Posts: 525
- Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:08 am
- Location: Trafalgar, Victoria, Australia
Welcome to the Junction from Down Under. I don't even want to think about being in that cold
- Reactions: 417
- Posts: 641
- Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:12 pm
- Location: N. FL Zone 9A
Welcome from N. Florida!
“Never try to outstubborn a cat.”
- Robert A. Heinlein
- Reactions: 5
- Posts: 22
- Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:27 am
- Location: Belgium
Hi from Belgium, next storm coming this way! Stay warm!
- Reactions: 52
- Posts: 128
- Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:38 am
- Location: Michigan Zone 5a/4b
- Reactions: 126
- Posts: 237
- Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:14 pm
Welcome "52 Plymouth!
Got Gus' Greek?
- Reactions: 661
- Posts: 1136
- Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:58 pm
- Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Welcome from Pennsylvania!
- Reactions: 52
- Posts: 170
- Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:09 pm
- Location: SE WI - NE MS
Welcome, glad to have you aboard. Pull up a chair and have fun.
Conjunction junction what's your function - whoops wrong place!
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests