What’s happening tomato people!

Tell us about yourself!
Sunday Gravey
Reactions:

What’s happening tomato people!

Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:32 am

What good my friends! Took a few years off from gardening. Single dad life no time little money. But anyways I’ve moved thrice and from one coast to the other. Finally settled in Washington and I’m excited I have a hoop house and a couple acres. Unfortunately I lost all my saves seeds moving. I only have what I ordered last night. I’d love to trade or barter for some seeds. A friend in the pepper community hooked me up and I do have 80+ Varieties of peppers and I ordered quite a few tomato seeds from Wild Boar Farms. I don’t have many of any of these mostly single packs. I’d be willing to trade some of what I have for some Heirlooms or gigantic varieties. Any help would be great I’m almost out of gardening funds after my pepper and tomato orders. Thanks it’s nice to be growing again!

Whwoz
Reactions:

Re: What’s happening tomato people!

Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:08 am

Welcome to the Junction from Down Under [mention]Sunday Gravey[/mention]. A bit hard to help from Down Under, but do you have any colour or other preferences. You might get luck and [mention]Tormato[/mention] might still have some left overs from the MMMM.

Amateurinawe
Reactions:

Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:38 am

Hi there and welcome from the uk
The behaviour of light means you observe me as i was then, and not as I am now.
I cannot change history, so I do hope i gave you a good impression of myself

AZGardener
Reactions:

Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:54 am

Welcome to the forum!
USDA Zone 9b, Sunset Zone 13
Average Rainfall 9.5 inches
Climate: Sonoran Desert

MissS
Reactions:

Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:53 am

Hello and Welcome to the Junction! I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. I am sure that some will try to help you but I do want you to understand that most of us frown on asking for seeds in your very 1st and 2nd post. Folks are far more likely to help you if you have contributed in some other threads rather than just asking for things. We would love to hear more about your gardening style, adventures and your taste. :)
~ Patti ~

Tormato
Reactions:

Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:18 pm

Send me a PM.

bower
Reactions:

Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:11 pm

Welcome to TJ. Sounds like a great gardening situation and perfect for kids. :) What do you like to grow besides peppers and tomatoes? We grow all kinds of stuff and there are doubtless extra seeds kicking around that someone can help with. That is if Tormato doesn't whup you off your feet with the big bag of seeds. :lol:
AgCan Zone 5a/USDA zone 4
temperate marine climate
yearly precip 61 inches/1550 mm

Nan6b
Reactions:

Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:01 pm

Welcome from Pennsylvania!

steve ok
Reactions:

Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:10 pm

Welcome, from a neighbor in Washington.

Sunday Gravey
Reactions:

Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:45 am

Sorry but I wasn’t looking for charity didn’t know if sales are ok here. Some frown on that. It is my first post because the group I belonged to seems to not be working or closed. I was on tomatoville. I read most moved to this one. I’m willing to trad or offer compensation. I found the last group was always generous if you paid postage. My hot pepper group hooked me up with a few people that sold me some and also gave me a ton extra. So my bad. MissS my gardening style varies from year to year. Some years I used the methods in one of my favorite books ( How To Grow World Record Tomatoes) a great easy reading book. I used this last year when we just moved and I bought Plants. I had no time for seed. This season I hope to grow as many as possible so I’ll have a much different style still all organic with high nutrient compost. I’ll have one or two leads per plant 2 of each variety. I’m hoping to see what favorites I have that do well and try some I’ve never grown. I prefer orange and yellow tomatoes mostly large and small but also find Pinks and Reds delicious I like paste tomatoes (I’m Italian). I usually grow a few hybrids but mostly heirlooms. I was big on raised beds but now I’m thinking of using chicken tractor no till system with plenty of compost tea and watering via the koi/ duck pond I’m currently building. I may also grow some in containers on my bedroom deck using a hydroponic wick system. A dwarf variety if I get one. I’m willing to share what I have I only need enough seed for 3 plants per variety. Hears my tomato list and my peppers if anyone’s interested in trading 5-6 seeds for Five or 6 of yours. I spent $200+ on seeds already just trying to offer some nice seed to get some. Not as interested in mediums unless there’s something special about them. I mostly like small type cherry, plumb, grape etc and large ones. Sorry if it’s my first post but The seasons coming fast. And I’d like to get moving on things. Im also willing to pay a reasonable price like my pepper friends offered.
A98C8648-F25F-44B6-90B4-DA06148DAD45.jpeg
82EB8594-8A8B-4007-8DC3-568FA7A08B6F.jpeg
B4B5CE1B-C2B6-4C50-A6CE-12C895E4A98D.jpeg
652EB695-4DE2-4109-85CE-4C36C2A39C00.jpeg
9C83A9BB-8835-4A74-B542-1A8A8649CFEA.jpeg
2A70FCB7-6BBD-4C9F-B16E-8EF33C16BE1F.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HenriSportif
Reactions:

Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:24 pm

Hi [mention]Sunday Gravey[/mention] - welcome to Tomato Junction! Good luck and have fun building your new gardens! :)
~Bee

This then is life - How curious! How real! Underfoot, the divine soil - Overhead, the sun.

Harry Cabluck
Reactions:

Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:38 pm

Welcome aboard the tomato train.
Refrain from calculating the total number of poultry...before the process of incubation has fully materialized.

Sunday Gravey
Reactions:

Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:46 am

Welcome to TJ. Sounds like a great gardening situation and perfect for kids. :) What do you like to grow besides peppers and tomatoes? We grow all kinds of stuff and there are doubtless extra seeds kicking around that someone can help with. That is if Tormato doesn't whup you off your feet with the big bag of seeds. :lol:
[/quote]

We grow everything, property came with 4 cherries, some Asian pears, I bought Apples, and my son bought a few cherries. I also got 4 fig trees and a lemon tree. We have blueberries and strawberries. I grow most common vegetables heirlooms mostly, interesting or popular new hybrids and a few favorites. I’m trialing a bunch of hot peppers. I’m also into landscaping and Japanese Maples, koi ponds, Japanese gardens, chickens, ducks, quail, sunflowers, I saved a lot of vegetable seeds from last year I’m doing ok with what I have. I moved in with enough time to start seed for most things just not peppers, tomatoes, and eggplant. I bought plants so I had about 10.I like tomatoes and peppers the most. I make Gravy to can and hot pepper sauces, dried peppers and powders. There isn’t much I’m not into. I obsessed over Roses mostly hybrid teas, rhododendrons OMG so beautiful in Washington. I geeked out on those. Orchids, perennials, big on hummingbird and butterfly gardens, started collecting crocosmia varieties after leaving the most incredible flame inspired garden.Oops almost forgot flowering trees.
E31D76F2-47FE-47D3-874C-412B15742BC0.jpeg
5E3EFFDE-EBE4-4EE8-B579-FBCC67EEF57D.jpeg
015CB64A-A155-4A62-B323-E702A2FAA115.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

vanalpaca
Reactions:

Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:25 am

What area of Washington did you land in?

I was raised in Central Washington, remote Grant County (Beverly), spent most of my childhood visiting Ellensburg & Yakima kin and gardening there since Beverly was more of a giant sand dune at the time, then landed in Port Angeles with a brief time in that wet garden with slug battles.....I gardened in East Anglia, England for 3 years which was also wet, South Carolina, SF Bay area of Central California, and NW Ohio....

I have a stock of mixed lettuces, turnips, kohlrabi, radishes readily available. If any of these varieties of tomatoes looks good, I can send a few seed of a few varieties for postage. Later if you get something interesting in tomatoes you can trade me back (IOU). I can tell you what I know of some of them. Haven't got them all researched yet. But I know I have enough to share and some are large and might be suited to your growing season. You can pm me.

ANNA HERMANN
Aunt Gertie's Gold
BARNES MOUNTAIN YELLOW
BEAUTY KING
Chello (Cherry)
CHERRY, PEACEVINE
Cow's Tit
De Barao Zolotov
Djena Lee's Golden Girl
Doubloon
Duggin Gold
Dwarf Caitydid
Edgmon Yellow
Flor
Galbene
Giant Honey
Golden Beauty
Golden Grape
Half Moon China
HARTMAN’S YELLOW GOOSEBERRY
Herman's Yellow
Holy Land, Yellow Strain
Jan's Cherry
Kentucky Cabin
LEATHA’S ITALIAN
LINHART’S GIANT
MINNIE’S PIN STRIPE
Nicoviotis Orange
Olive Doree
Orange Pixie
OVI’S ROMANIAN GIANT
OZARK SUNSET
Perigao Amarelo
PERITO ITALIAN
POLISH GIANT
PROVENZANO
ROSAVA THIGHIJA
ROSE DE CALIFAT
ROSSO SICILIAN
Sainte Lucie
Sink's Striped
Solar Flare Yellow Fruit
SOUTH AMERICAN BANANA
Sparks Yellow
SUMMER SUNRISE
SUMMERTIME GOLD
Sun and Snow
Sun Rise
Sweet Ozark Orange
SYLVAN GAUME
TANGERINE
Texas Star
Tom's Yellow Wonder
Warren's Yellow
Williams Striped
WINSALL GOLD
Wisconsin 55 Gold
WISCONSIN CHIEF
Woodle
Yellow Canary
Yellow Scotland
The earth calls unto me and feeds my soul......

Shule
Reactions:

Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:35 pm

Welcome to TomatoJunction, [mention]Sunday Gravey[/mention]! 😃
Climate: BSk
USDA hardiness zone: 6
Elevation: 2,260 feet

Sunday Gravey
Reactions:

Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:00 pm

vanalpaca wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:25 am What area of Washington did you land in?

I was raised in Central Washington, remote Grant County (Beverly), spent most of my childhood visiting Ellensburg & Yakima kin and gardening there since Beverly was more of a giant sand dune at the time, then landed in Port Angeles with a brief time in that wet garden with slug battles.....I gardened in East Anglia, England for 3 years which was also wet, South Carolina, SF Bay area of Central California, and NW Ohio....

I have a stock of mixed lettuces, turnips, kohlrabi, radishes readily available. If any of these varieties of tomatoes looks good, I can send a few seed of a few varieties for postage. Later if you get something interesting in tomatoes you can trade me back (IOU). I can tell you what I know of some of them. Haven't got them all researched yet. But I know I have enough to share and some are large and might be suited to your growing season. You can pm me.

ANNA HERMANN
Aunt Gertie's Gold
BARNES MOUNTAIN YELLOW
BEAUTY KING
Chello (Cherry)
CHERRY, PEACEVINE
Cow's Tit
De Barao Zolotov
Djena Lee's Golden Girl
Doubloon
Duggin Gold
Dwarf Caitydid
Edgmon Yellow
Flor
Galbene
Giant Honey
Golden Beauty
Golden Grape
Half Moon China
HARTMAN’S YELLOW GOOSEBERRY
Herman's Yellow
Holy Land, Yellow Strain
Jan's Cherry
Kentucky Cabin
LEATHA’S ITALIAN
LINHART’S GIANT
MINNIE’S PIN STRIPE
Nicoviotis Orange
Olive Doree
Orange Pixie
OVI’S ROMANIAN GIANT
OZARK SUNSET
Perigao Amarelo
PERITO ITALIAN
POLISH GIANT
PROVENZANO
ROSAVA THIGHIJA
ROSE DE CALIFAT
ROSSO SICILIAN
Sainte Lucie
Sink's Striped
Solar Flare Yellow Fruit
SOUTH AMERICAN BANANA
Sparks Yellow
SUMMER SUNRISE
SUMMERTIME GOLD
Sun and Snow
Sun Rise
Sweet Ozark Orange
SYLVAN GAUME
TANGERINE
Texas Star
Tom's Yellow Wonder
Warren's Yellow
Williams Striped
WINSALL GOLD
Wisconsin 55 Gold
WISCONSIN CHIEF
Woodle
Yellow Canary
Yellow Scotland
I’m In Bonny Lake fighting the slugs. Wow!!! I’ve never seen them so big! Last season was interesting we just moved in and I rushed everything. The climate was much different than expected. I thought it rained a lot? I didn’t understand it was seasonal. We got little rain and it doesn’t get that hot. Although some things have a long season, some don’t. I’ve had quite a learning curve. It didn’t help I busted my foot/ankle and struggled getting around. I see you like yellows. Whites and oranges like me. I’d be great full for any seeds you can spare. I’d be happy to trade. I don’t need many seeds your welcome to any I have. I just want to trial as many as possible. I’d love any suggestions you have about growing in this area or varieties that do well. It’s absolutely beautiful In Washington. Where are you now?

Return to “Introductions”