I didn't get the memo!

Tell us about yourself!
Tormato
Reactions:

Re: I didn't get the memo!

Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:04 pm

pondgardner wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:41 pm @rhines81 Welcome to the Junction! If you have any questions about getting around the site, contact any member of The Team listed at the bottom of the page and one of us will be glad to assist you.
Welcome Rhines.

Most of the COOL people are going through the polar vortex at the moment.

On a side note, now I know who The Team is, I best behave around them. It likely means no more chummin' jokes. ;)

JRinPA
Reactions:

Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:32 pm

Gardadore wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:40 am Welcome from NE PA! Am just off 33 and wondering if we’ll ever dig out! Hope you have a successful garden this year! Glad you found us!
How much did you get?
Here in eastern Berks the front yard got 13-14" with that big snow, the back yard got 12". That is the blowy flat areas. Very powdery. It looked like north and northwest of us might have caught double to triple that much. With the plowing the driveway was of course locked in with 3-1/2 or 4 feet. It is startling how much has changed in the last few years. Sounded like a logging operation out there that day. It wasn't that long ago that everyone on this block shoveled.

Gardadore
Reactions:

Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:49 pm

We got 24" to 26" in the big one but keep getting additional small snows bringing 2-3" each time so must keep shoveling so it doesn't build up! Looks like maybe another 7 " Monday-Tuesday next week. Tired of shoveling and dealing with the plow piling snow in front of the pathway to the road. Driveway is only partially plowed since the original plow got stuck and had to be pulled out by a tractor. It took a snowblower, plow and tractor to just open the two ends of the driveway initially. As you point out the county plow can block it over 3-4 feet. It's a rather long wrap around drive. Now we park the car at the neighbor's which has a proper parking lot and the equipment to keep it clear. Snow is still too deep to get to the gardens. Never looked forward to spring and melting in my life!! Getting too old for this!! It is beautiful if you have nowhere to go!!

rhines81
Reactions:

Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:37 pm

Gardadore wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:49 pm We got 24" to 26" in the big one but keep getting additional small snows bringing 2-3" each time so must keep shoveling so it doesn't build up! Looks like maybe another 7 " Monday-Tuesday next week. Tired of shoveling and dealing with the plow piling snow in front of the pathway to the road. Driveway is only partially plowed since the original plow got stuck and had to be pulled out by a tractor. It took a snowblower, plow and tractor to just open the two ends of the driveway initially. As you point out the county plow can block it over 3-4 feet. It's a rather long wrap around drive. Now we park the car at the neighbor's which has a proper parking lot and the equipment to keep it clear. Snow is still too deep to get to the gardens. Never looked forward to spring and melting in my life!! Getting too old for this!! It is beautiful if you have nowhere to go!!
People here (plow guys that are friends of mine) say it was a 3 foot dump on top of the mountain plateau during last week's storm. I'd estimate more like 30". My ATV with plow struggled through it, had to get out several times throughout that storm to keep my driveway usable. I pushed the initial snow way back, but still at this point, we are getting (seems like almost daily storms) adding 1-3" to the totals and I am out of room now to keep more than one lane open. Not looking forward to the coming week, but after that it seems like it will be more managable!

peebee
Reactions:

Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:01 am

Glad you found us, hope more find out too & join us all here :)
Zone 10, Southern California
Will eat anything once before I judge.
Anything meaning any foods of course.

bboomer
Reactions:

Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:02 pm

Welcome! I didn't get the memo either.

Ella NJ
Reactions:

Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:36 am

Hi, rhines81, you got here earlier than me by couple of days. Happy to see you.

MissS
Reactions:

Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:46 pm

Welcome rhines81. I saw you struggling with the changes at TV and so wanted to let you know where we all were but it was forbidden. I am so glad that you have found us! It's your new home.
~ Patti ~

Return to “Introductions”