Queen of Malinalco husk tomato

imp
Account Closed
Reactions:

Re: Queen of Malinalco husk tomato

Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:17 pm

MrBig,

On Baker Creek, the seed collections are a separate group of many lots of seeds and some with books, those are not able to be shipped out of the USA area, but seeds are sent internationally. The question here would be are there restrictions on tomatillo seeds for your country?

If you have trouble getting these seeds, let me know and we will work something out to be able to get them to you.
Together, trees make an ecosystem that tempers the extremes of heat & cold, stores lots of water, & makes a lot of humidity. In this environment, trees can live to be very old. To get to this point, the community must remain intact no matter what.

arnorrian
Reactions:

Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:53 pm

MrBig46 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:56 am I'm just interested. Do you already have Queen of Malinalco seeds? Will you grow this tomatillo this year? If so, I would like to see the results so that I could possibly decide for 2021.
Vladimír
My offer to send you the seeds still stands. I should be getting them in a couple of days. The package arrived to Serbia.
Climate: Cfa
USDA hardiness zone: 7a
Elevation: 140 m

imp
Account Closed
Reactions:

Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:32 pm

About how long ago did you order your seeds, arnorrian? I am asking as I ordered seeds for peppers from that area and I am hoping they come soon.
Together, trees make an ecosystem that tempers the extremes of heat & cold, stores lots of water, & makes a lot of humidity. In this environment, trees can live to be very old. To get to this point, the community must remain intact no matter what.

arnorrian
Reactions:

Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:40 pm

Baker Creek shipped them out on 26 December. They arrived at the customs in Belgrade yesterday.

What area are you referring to?

MrBig46
Reactions:

Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:16 pm

I really like Queen of Malinalco. Thank you all, who offer me its seeds. But I probably wouldn't be able to grow it this year. I would like to grow it only in 2021, so I will not address the question of seeds until later this year. But I am interested in information on how to grow this tomatillo with you. That's why my question. Thanks again.
Vladimír
PS.:I'm looking forward to reading something about Queen of Malinalco

imp
Account Closed
Reactions:

Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:10 pm

Subotica, Serbia is where the company that I ordered seeds for several peppers from. I get a little bit worried sometimeseven though I know it takes quite awhile for seeds to arrive.

arnorrian
Reactions:

Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:59 am

From hoya-vs.com? What did you get? Isn't there some new prohibition on importing pepper and tomato seeds into the US?

imp
Account Closed
Reactions:

Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:17 pm

The business name is listed as "SeedsWorldShop", and I ordered Elephant Ear Peppers, Amphora peppers, Kurtovska Kapija pepper, and Ildi tomato seeds.-

arnorrian
Reactions:

Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:51 pm

On Etsy?

imp
Account Closed
Reactions:

Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:53 pm

Yes, have you bought or know of them?

arnorrian
Reactions:

Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:19 pm

No, first time I hear about them.

MrBig46
Reactions:

Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:20 am

asmx92 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:17 am Yes, I got the seeds from Queen of Malinalco and sent them Nico. Sent me your address and I'll send you a few seeds.
I'm sure you'd like to send me a few seeds. But I can't promise to grow Queen of Malinalco this year. I'm sending you my address.
Vladimír

asmx92
Reactions:

Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:34 pm

Vladimir,
the Queen of Malinalco germinated - and that after 4 days!!!!!
Baker Creek seeds are very good!
asmx

imp
Account Closed
Reactions:

Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:22 pm

Ahhh, you guys are killing me! Now I shall have to grow these, too! And since it is a nightshade family, it must be grown in the front garden as there are pecan trees in the back, which will kill them.

imp
Account Closed
Reactions:

Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:11 am

Got my pepper seeds from Serbia today!! Yeah! That poor envelope looked rough, but the seeds were well packed in tiny plastic baggies and then in bubble wra, no tears on the envelope but it sure as dirty and scuffed up! But I am happy to have them!!

MrBig46
Reactions:

Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:35 pm

I have the seeds from asmx, thanks. When should I plant them? Like tomatoes?
Vlado

arnorrian
Reactions:

Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:00 pm

MrBig46 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:35 pm I have the seeds from asmx, thanks. When should I plant them? Like tomatoes?
Vlado
Tomatillo needs to be in a group to bear fruit, as it's not self-fertile. Three plants placed close by should be enough. Give them 50 cm berth each. The planting same as tomatoes.

arnorrian
Reactions:

Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:03 pm

imp wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:11 am Got my pepper seeds from Serbia today!! Yeah! That poor envelope looked rough, but the seeds were well packed in tiny plastic baggies and then in bubble wra, no tears on the envelope but it sure as dirty and scuffed up! But I am happy to have them!!
Weird. I get packages from abroad all the time, always pristine. But the important thing is that your shipment went through customs with no problem.
imp wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:22 pm Ahhh, you guys are killing me! Now I shall have to grow these, too! And since it is a nightshade family, it must be grown in the front garden as there are pecan trees in the back, which will kill them.
This variety should be sweeter and more fruity than regular green tomatillos.

I have never tasted tomatillo, I hope I like it. I may try making a relative of ajvar with it, called pinđur. It's made from peppers (sweet and chili), tomatoes, and eggplant, so adding tomatillos should be interesting. The four musketeers of Solanaceae. :D

imp
Account Closed
Reactions:

Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:22 pm

I hope I like it too. If it as fruity and sweet as I ave read, may use it to make some jams.

I haven't had the purple tomatllos but the green ones are quite mild in taste but good.

arnorrian
Reactions:

Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:25 pm

I got the purple ones from MIGardener. Now I'm itching to get the green ones and the yellow one too. :shock:

Return to “Other Vegetables/Plant Identification”