Is The Run On Seed Continuing?

Free for all about gardening techniques, tips and questions.
Shule
Reactions:

Re: Is The Run On Seed Continuing?

Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:18 pm

[mention]Bower[/mention]
If you need perlite this year, I just found and bought a huge bag of it at a good price not too long ago (for my houseplants):
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Vigoro-2-cu ... /205655210

The pieces of perlite aren't tiny. It really seems to help the soil for the houseplants.

Also, if you need a huge box, that's a great way to get one.
Climate: BSk
USDA hardiness zone: 6
Elevation: 2,260 feet

pepperhead212
Reactions:

Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:35 pm

I'm surprised that HD has this large bag now (and it said the store right up the road from here has 26 in stock!) - it used to be I had to take a trip to a nursery a little ways away, because all HD and Lowe's had were small bags, with fertilizer added to the perlite! Thanks for pointing this out to us [mention]Shule[/mention] !
Woodbury, NJ zone 7a/7b

Gardadore
Reactions:

Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:51 pm

Just got my seed order from Baker Creek which I placed on April 3. Only 3 days to get to PA! No free flower seeds but an interesting Italian Cabbage (Nero di Toscana) which looks more like the Asian types and dates back to early 1800's. Deep black-green ruffled leaves can get 24" long. For spring or fall harvest.
So Baker Creek is definitely keeping up. Very impressive! Carbon seed pack boasts 25 seeds. I just checked and found over 80! That's a good deal! I also got a radish mixture, interesting lettuce mix, and Amazing Grey poppy. The poppy had been out of stock for a while but they have been very good about restocking things I am interested in so I have gotten all my choices. With free shipping I never worried about a small order when something I wanted got restocked. They were excellent about informing me when a wanted variety was available again.

habitat-gardener
Reactions:

Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:29 am

I wonder if there is a perlite shortage! I’ve only noticed the miracle gro perlite, in tiny bags with added ferts and wetting agent. Haven’t seen the big bags anywhere. It was also hard to find peat; the first 3-4 stores I tried were out.

pepperhead212
Reactions:

Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:48 pm

[mention]habitat-gardener[/mention] I just got a 2 CF bag of perlite at HD, as [mention]Shule[/mention] mentioned above - I think that the name is Vigro. One smaller store nearby had none in stock when I checked online, but the larger store had 16 in stock. Check out the stores nearby you, to see if any have it in stock.
Woodbury, NJ zone 7a/7b

Return to “General Discussion”