Municipal sewage compost found in fertilizers

Free for all about gardening techniques, tips and questions.
worth1
Reactions:

Re: Municipal sewage compost found in fertilizers

Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:10 pm

The cop's are beating the door down; 'quick, flush the meth.
Worth
25 miles southeast of Waterloo Texas.

You can't argue with a closed mind.
You might as well be arguing with a cat.

Cole_Robbie
Reactions:

Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:28 pm

worth1 wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:10 pm The cop's are beating the door down; 'quick, flush the meth.
I have read that in detroit and I'm sure other cities, that such individuals will screw up a 2x4 brace across the front door so that the battering ram the cops use does not work, giving them time to flush.

I dont know why people otherwise flush medications. I think with some of it, the substance may be passing through their body after being taken as directed.

worth1
Reactions:

Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:32 pm

[mention]Cole_Robbie[/mention]
When my wife passed away I flushed or had hospice flush a ton of morphine down my personal sewer my choice my sewer.
Worth
25 miles southeast of Waterloo Texas.

You can't argue with a closed mind.
You might as well be arguing with a cat.

Cole_Robbie
Reactions:

Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:45 pm

worth1 wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:32 pm @Cole_Robbie
When my wife passed away I flushed or had hospice flush a ton of morphine down my personal sewer my choice my sewer.
Around here the police often come and take it in that situation. Sadly, the stuff has such a high street value that I doubt much gets flushed. Anything with resale value is probably not going down drains in any large quantity.

Donnyboy
Reactions:

Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:25 pm

Michele Obama wanted to grow organically in the white house for her families consumption. She hired a gardener to prepare the soil and grow the food organically. She later discovered white house property could not produce organic food because milorganite had been used on the lawn in years past.

I've worked in sewage treatment plants some in years past testing devices to monitor and report different chemicals as the product enters the plant and exits the plant through the digesters where the product is allowed to heat through fermentation and produce methane gas which can be used in many ways. The solids and liquids are separated and treated differently for various purposes.

In Singapore, they blocked an ocean bay with a dam, pumped all the salt water out and diverted some fresh water rivers into the bay along with the treated effluent from their sewage treatment plants. The bay is now the primary source of fresh water for the entire city.

Our water well is four hundred and ten feet deep. Our drinking water is not contaminated from surface contaminants, but is probably carrying some radioactive particles from radium and some heavy metals which are undetectable by testing, but can be accumulating in my body over the years. I have a very simple method of dealing with those problems. At eighty years of age, I refuse to worry about things I can not control.

Donnyboy
Reactions:

Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:39 pm

Worth,
My wife had a hip replaced and a knee replaced. In both instances, she was sent home with four or five large bottles of opioid tablets in case she started hurting. Neither she nor I can physically deal with opioids. They make us sick. We refuse to take them. Since we have a septic system and did not want the products contaminating our soil, we burned the bottles in a burn barrel with a lot of wood at very high temps.

brownrexx
Reactions:

Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:00 pm

Local police stations in my area will accept unwanted pharmaceuticals and dispose of them properly.

If I have something expired I just open the bottle and sprinkle it into my trash bag. Seriously, who is going to root through trash looking for unlabeled pills? My trash goes to an incinerator and just the ashes are landfilled.

Return to “General Discussion”