Stink Bug Information/ID

GoDawgs
Reactions:

Re: Stink Bug Information/ID

Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:05 pm

I agree with the increased stink bug level this year but fortunately I've not had them as badly as you, MissS. On the other hand, the Asian lady beetle and leaf footed populations are way down. Go figure.

Most all of the stink bugs in the garden are the big green ones while the brown marmorated ones are hanging around the house, trying to figure out a way in. One thing I have noticed that I've never seen before is that the green ones are really attracted to the okra pods and are mating like crazy, like someone hollered, "Go get a ROOM!" They like the big pods I'll eventually be collecting seeds from and they're almost the exact shade of green as the pods. Natural camouflage?

I snatch them off the pods and immediately throw them down hard to the ground and before they can come to their senses they get ground into compost by my shoe. They're smart little buggers too. When they see my hand slowly coming towards them, they sidle around to the other side of the pod, still hooked up. "You can't seeeee usssss!" :lol:

worth1
Reactions:

Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:10 am

I'm spotting stink bugs almost everywhere I look in the yard.
The brown ones.
Worth
25 miles southeast of Waterloo Texas.

You can't argue with a closed mind.
You might as well be arguing with a cat.

Rockoe10
Reactions:

Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:08 am

My population is down, thankfully. I attribute it to the mantis I've been introducing. Anytime i see a mantis egg sac, i snatch it oh the branch and take it home. Friends think I'm crazy, but i don't have to deal with stink bugs 😜
- - - - - - - -
Rob, ZONE 6A with 170 days between frost dates, Western Pennsylvania

Return to “Diseases, Pests & Cures”