Seed starting problems or normal?

Salaam
Reactions:

Re: Seed starting problems or normal?

Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:13 pm

It's been 60F to 72F in the garage the last couple of days, so that's okay, I think.

Lettuce is doing great - we're picking and eating.

lettuce.jpg

As feared, the seedlings are getting somewhat large, but I think it'll be okay. One month to go!

tomatoes and peppers.jpg

Kale and marigold are a good size:

kale and marigold.jpg

While I was moving up a light fixture, it slipped out of my hand and landed on top of two tomatoes, and cut their tops off. They're dwarfs called Russian Saskatchewan. I hope they'll make it, but even if they don't, I have backups, so that's alright.

cut off tomato 1.jpg
cut off tomato 2.jpg

My Ping Tung eggplant is short and has large leaves that are shading out neighbours. I've grown eggplant before - may have been Rosa Bianca or something like that - and I don't recall the leaves being so large. I wonder if I can cut these leaves off?

eggplant 1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Zone 5A

swordy
Reactions:

Re: Seed starting problems or normal?

Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:45 pm

20210417_161158.jpg
I circled the seedlings that don't seem happy. Their first leaves turned to yellow (too soon I'd say). The 2 PL tomatoes stopped growing for the last week. I separated them 2 days ago maybe to give them more room. However, I wonder why in the same tray (same conditions to all) some seedlings grow normal and others not.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Seed Starting”