Oranjestad chudo

Whwoz
Reactions:

Oranjestad chudo

Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:39 pm

Wondering if anyone can provide any information on this pepper, have several on the plants that must be full grown but are not changing colour. Wondering if they are ripe at light green or will change colour.

OhioGardener
Reactions:

Re: Oranjestad chudo

Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:31 am

Do you know if it's supposed to be a Russian pepper? This may or may not be the same variety, but there's an "Oranzhevoe Chudo" which translates to "orange miracle" and has a similar sounding name. It's an orange bell-type pepper.
Debbie

Whwoz
Reactions:

Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:57 pm

Should be oranjevote chudo, auto correct keeps kicking in. It came to me, of memory serves correct, and assuming I have spelling correct, from [mention]Tormato[/mention]

OhioGardener
Reactions:

Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:35 pm

Whwoz wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:57 pm Should be oranjevote chudo, auto correct keeps kicking in. It came to me, of memory serves correct, and assuming I have spelling correct, from @Tormato
Did you get it in the Mmmm swap? I got one in the swap labeled as Oranjevoye Chudo '17 which I'm pretty sure came from Tormato. I'm also sure this one should be Oranzhevoe Chudo. The difference is how the Russian Cyrillic alphabet was transliterated and it's not uncommon to see mistakes or different versions because I believe there were a few different systems over the years though I'm not a linguist. I just took the language as a minor when I was in college. In any case, from what I just found, it appears that at least some Russian sites refer to it as an orange hybrid bell pepper of Dutch origin. https://sad24.ru/ogorod/oranzhevoe-chudo-perec.html
Debbie

Whwoz
Reactions:

Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:15 am

Thanks [mention]OhioGardener[/mention],, not exactly part of the MMMM, but from Tormato before when I made some comments about limited variety of bell peppers here Down Under. He of course took it as a challenge and this is one of the results. Thanks a lot for the information, will leave them and see if they turn

Return to “Sweet Peppers”