- Reactions: 29
- Posts: 34
- Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:56 am
- Location: central california, Sunset zone 14
- Reactions: 426
- Posts: 513
- Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:05 pm
- Location: Southeast PA, zone 6b
They showed us how cloth was made from flax and I thought that it was quite interesting. I had not actually thought about that before but the cloth looked like muslin or linen.You would never know that it came from plant fibers.
I am in PA and cotton was grown in the south so not convenient to get that to PA in the 1700's.
- Reactions: 641
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:44 pm
- Location: Newfoundland, Canada
We have as much chance of growing cotton here as on the moon, probably! Hemp also is a southern fiber with slim chance of success here. But we need a fiber that isn't sheep's wool! I'm allergic to that!
temperate marine climate
yearly precip 61 inches/1550 mm
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest