New mayo-based salad dressing

What's cooking?
Shule
Reactions:

New mayo-based salad dressing

Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:29 pm

So, yesterday, I mixed together a new salad dressing that I really enjoy. I still need to hash out the right proportions into measurements, but here are the ingredients:

• Mayonnaise
• Soy sauce
• Ginger powder
• Fenugreek powder (less fenugreek than ginger, but more than a sprinkle, for sure)
• A little key lime powder (the powder I used was homemade, and included the fruits, peels, and seeds)
• Sesame seeds (optional)

Stir it up, and put it on the salad. It's a good dressing to mix with baked potatoes and salad together. The salad I tried it on contained lettuce, celery, tomatoes, and avocados. I'm dipping celery in it, now.

Notes:
• The key lime powder reduces the saltiness, if you added too much soy sauce (but it'll still have the sodium in it, of course).
• I imagine lime or lemon juice might be a good substitute for key lime powder, but I'm not sure; you can forego the Citrus and still get a pretty interesting dressing, but it's definitely better with the key lime powder.
• The sesame seeds add more flavor after they've been soaking in the dressing for a while.
• The brand of fenugreek that you use might affect the flavor (probably not for better or worse, but just different). I've noticed they don't all smell the same, and I used two different kinds, with different results.
• I'm still trying to decide if it makes a difference when I add bacon bits and Parmesan cheese, but the taste is similar either way.
• I've tried soy sauce, fenugreek, and sesame seeds in salad dressings before (and they're all great salad dressing ingredients), but this is my first time adding ginger.
Climate: BSk
USDA hardiness zone: 6
Elevation: 2,260 feet

Nan6b
Reactions:

Re: New mayo-based salad dressing

Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:11 am

For me, mayo by itself is a salad dressing.

Christinajomd
Reactions:

Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:24 am

I saw on Tik Tok that Wizzed up cottage cheese was used to make Ranch Dressing

worth1
Reactions:

Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:07 am

How did I miss this?
I love mayonnaise anything.
I actually thin out mayonnaise with lime juice to make a dressing sometimes.
Worth
25 miles southeast of Waterloo Texas.

You can't argue with a closed mind.
You might as well be arguing with a cat.

Return to “Recipes”