Official Name Change: tomatojunction.com

Rajun Gardener
Reactions:

Official Name Change: tomatojunction.com

Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:28 pm

Ladies and gentlemen, we are the proud owners of tomatojunction.com!!!

You are the founding members so give yourself a pat on the back and a round of applause!!!

12/16/19 I submitted the ticket to swap everything over, we will have some down time but you can always watch that poor kitten fall asleep. http://www.tomatojunction.com/ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll send a mass email, let me know if you don't get it.
Also check you email notifications, make sure they are set to receive notifications.

To set email and other notifications.
Click the notification bell in the header, a window pops up with settings at the top right to bring you to your board settings.
To add your email: Click Profile, Edit Acct settings and enter your email.
To add notifications: Click Board Preferences then Edit Global settings. Please allow Admin to email you, it's important for things like this.

I know there's so many options but it will get easier to navigate once you spend time playing with the settings you like.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Zone: 9A
Climate: Hot and Humid
Avg annual rainfall: 60.48"

MissS
Reactions:

Re: Official Name Change: tomatojunction.com

Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:45 pm

A Great name. Welcome all to our new adventure.

Last night I was awake and thinking about the migration over to this forum. I have re-learned something that I already knew. The past forum was not all about the tomatoes, it was about the ville. Meaning "US". It was a community, a place to meet and be involved with all of the people there. We are a community that has stayed strong. That has stuck together in good times and sorrows. We share, we live and we grow. What a wonderful time of year to be starting this adventure, the Holidays, the time to reflect, to grow, to love and share. A good time to put all things in the past and give each other a fresh start.

Let's all appreciate one another for our similarities as well as our differences and be grateful for our new home.
~ Patti ~

SpookyShoe
Reactions:

Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:23 pm

Home, sweet home!
Donna, zone 9, El Lago, Texas

AZGardener
Reactions:

Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:59 am

Thanks again Rajun. You've done a great job setting up a new home for us. I'm very appreciative for the time and effort you've put in so we have a place to talk tomato and what ever else we grow. Congrats on the name change, I like it.
USDA Zone 9b, Sunset Zone 13
Average Rainfall 9.5 inches
Climate: Sonoran Desert

Rajun Gardener
Reactions:

Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:14 am

FYI.. I'll start moving everything over to www.tomatojunction.com as soon as California wakes up. That's where the hosting company is and I want the normal crew working to solve problems if we have any.

TheDante
Reactions:

Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:27 am

Thanks Rajun for getting the forum set up and with the name change and devoting so much time and effort into it. Please do have a PayPal feature included eventually to help pay for the ´rent´ when it arises :)
Karen´s current status - tomato nutcase :D

Kind hearts are the gardens, Kind thoughts are the roots, Kind words are the blossoms, Kind deeds are the fruits - Karpal Singh

Rajun Gardener
Reactions:

Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:58 am

I submitted the ticket to swap everything over, we will have some down time but you can always watch that poor kitten fall asleep. http://www.tomatojunction.com/ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MissS
Reactions:

Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:05 am

Rajun Gardener wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:58 am I submitted the ticket to swap everything over, we will have some down time but you can always watch that poor kitten fall asleep. http://www.tomatojunction.com/ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's great news!

Perhaps we should put up a notice just prior to when the time comes that this site will be temporarily shut down for the big moving day?
~ Patti ~

Rajun Gardener
Reactions:

Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:22 am

I updated the first page but I think everyone knew this was coming and will also get redirected. The biggest thing is trying to get everyone to register their emails and allow notifications. I need to make that mandatory upon registration.

wildcat62
Reactions:

Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:30 pm

Looking forward to the trip

PhilaGardener
Reactions:

Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:13 pm

See you on the other side! :D
Gardening near Philadelphia (USA)

AlittleSalt
Reactions:

Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:40 am

Sounds good to me. The link Worth sent to me worked and that was days ago, so it works.
Texas Zone 8A

imp
Account Closed
Reactions:

Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:27 am

I may have not looked in the right place, but how do you add your email?
Together, trees make an ecosystem that tempers the extremes of heat & cold, stores lots of water, & makes a lot of humidity. In this environment, trees can live to be very old. To get to this point, the community must remain intact no matter what.

MissS
Reactions:

Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:40 am

imp wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:27 am I may have not looked in the right place, but how do you add your email?
There is a tutorial at the bottom of the front page.
~ Patti ~

brownrexx
Reactions:

Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:11 am

[mention]imp[/mention] you can access your profile by clicking on your name at the top right hand side of the page. There is a drop down box.

MsCowpea
Reactions:

Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:07 pm

Rob, you are a genius to put all this together. Thank you.
"When we kill off the natural enemies of a pest we inherit their work."
Carl Huffaker

Gardadore
Reactions:

Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:26 pm

I'm sorry to be really dumb but are we completely over? I have not received any notifications that I know of confirming this and my computer lists tomatovillians.com in the http area. When I google tomatojunction.com it still shows tomatovillians.com as the http.? Is this correct or are we still moving material over to the new site and need to complete that? Do I have to do anything more as a registered member of the original tomatovillians.com to be registered at tomatojunction? Just a little perplexed because I see people are still posting here!

MissS
Reactions:

Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:37 pm

No we have not made the move as of yet. Hopefully tonight but I will not stick my foot in my mouth there again. Post away.
The one thing EVERYONE MUST DO is to change your settings through the control panel to allow Administration to email you. Please go down to the bottom of the home page and look at the tutorial on how to do that.
And that is it. Enjoy the site until they shut it down whenever that may be...
~ Patti ~

Gardadore
Reactions:

Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:41 pm

Thanks! I have checked that area and believe I did it right. Email is there and I checked every notifications email section to be sure!!! Don't want to miss the move!!!!

Rajun Gardener
Reactions:

Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:12 pm

I've been waiting like everyone else, all I can do is ask what's the problems. I did that twice already. The latestest response from them

robert/Rajun Gardener: MY tracking work ticket # is 8899948. What is the hold up of migrating tomatovillians.com to tomatojunction.com? Check my acct and read the requests. This is terrible customer service, 2 days and still nothing happening.

Silvia joined the chat

Silvia Hello robert! I hope you are having a wonderful day so far. I can definitely take a look, allow me a few minutes while I pull your account.

So sorry for the wait! We are currently experiencing a high volume of incoming chat requests which has delayed response time. Thanks for your understanding regarding that!

robert I'm not worried about chat taking long but the dept that migrates is sloooooow.

Silvia Thanks for holding, we truly apologize for the long wait with the migration service. We do have multiple requests, and this can take up to 48 hours to complete. However, I'm going to make a note on your account so our team can work on this as soon as possible. I see your acceptance to our migration ToS, we will email you once the migration completes.

robert I thought they were supposed to email me when it starts so I know not to make any changes to the site. It doesn't matter as long as it will happen soon. I didn't think it would take 3 days for this to happen.

Silvia I'm sorry, we have been having requests for migrations more now. I'll make sure this gets addressed soon, I'll note your account

robert OK, I'm sure the early part of the week is busy catching up on the weekend tickets. I just wanted to check. This was the response I got after replying asking what's going on.

Mail Delivery Subsystem <noreply@dreamhost.com>
To:
Rob

Dec 17 at 7:12 PM

We're sorry, but your email was unable to be processed by our automatic
support system:

We could not find the open support case you were replying to, so
your message could not be tied into our system. If this was a reply
to an EXISTING issue, please be sure to keep the: <<<<<I didn't read that line rushing for a response.

[blah 123453456]

tag in the subject line of your reply! We use that to keep track of
what case your message is associated with.

If this is regarding a NEW issue, we must ask that you submit it
through our web panel at:

https://panel............

(You can log in with this email address and your panel password.)

All messages submitted through that form will be received!

Our apologies for the inconvenience,
The Happy DreamHost Support Team!

Silvia Thanks a lot for understanding. In case that happens again, you can create a new ticket and this will be added to your support history.

robert OK! So they are working on it and it should be complete by tomorrow?

Silvia I can't assure you, as this is a separate team but I'll make sure to note this on your account so they can be aware that you need this urgently.

robert OK, Thanks and have a good night!, I'm signing off now.

Silvia It has been my pleasure to help! Any question you have, or doubts, please let us know! it was really nice talking to you, have a wonderful rest of your day! :)
Silvia left the chat
Rate this chat

Return to “Suggestions/Complaints/Report Problems”