Winter Tomato Project

Let's see those Photos and videos!!
GoDawgs
Reactions:

Winter Tomato Project

Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:17 am

I started a few dwarf tomatoes from MMMM seed in mid August to play with this fall/winter. The seeds were started Aug 19 and they went into their forever pots on Sep 18. Latah didn't make it (got some kind of funk) but the other two are doing well under the lights. They're hanging on chains attached to some hanging basket brackets that haven't been used in a while. The plants are also by double windows so the tomatoes can get some natural sunlight during part of the morning. Here are Sophie's Choice (left) and Premus (right):

Sophie's Choice is 2' tall, fruit 1.75" wide. The info I have is that she's supposed to get about 3' tall. Good thing she's under the new "tall" lights.

Premus is 19" tall, fruit 2 in. This one is supposed to get about 2' tall.

Meanwhile I've got three red Robin micro tomatoes going. They're staggered out with one potted up, the second one not quite ready for it's final pot and the third is up about 2". It's an experiment with the goal of having a staggered finish so I don't end up with a lot of cherry tomatoes at once and then have to wait for the next batch. We'll see. Fun toys for winter!

AKgardener
Reactions:

Re: Winter Tomato Project

Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:27 pm

Awesome sauce !!glad I’m not the only one trying bigger maters indoors this winter I just realized I probably won’t get anything until February maybe March when I start my spring garden haha I was a little late for winter starts

GoDawgs
Reactions:

Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:25 pm

I've also got a Tangerine Dream pepper started. It's about 6" tall so far and I think I'll start another fernleaf dill. They're rather short and compact, at least the ones I've done before. Great for cutting fresh dill for the kitchen.

Stitchingmom
Reactions:

Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:27 pm

GoDawgs wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:17 am I started a few dwarf tomatoes from MMMM seed in mid August to play with this fall/winter. The seeds were started Aug 19 and they went into their forever pots on Sep 18. Latah didn't make it (got some kind of funk) but the other two are doing well under the lights. They're hanging on chains attached to some hanging basket brackets that haven't been used in a while. The plants are also by double windows so the tomatoes can get some natural sunlight during part of the morning. Here are Sophie's Choice (left) and Premus (right):

Sophie's Choice is 2' tall, fruit 1.75" wide. The info I have is that she's supposed to get about 3' tall. Good thing she's under the new "tall" lights.

Premus is 19" tall, fruit 2 in. This one is supposed to get about 2' tall.

Meanwhile I've got three red Robin micro tomatoes going. They're staggered out with one potted up, the second one not quite ready for it's final pot and the third is up about 2". It's an experiment with the goal of having a staggered finish so I don't end up with a lot of cherry tomatoes at once and then have to wait for the next batch. We'll see. Fun toys for winter!
Oh, drat you! I just finished planting 8 dwarf/microdwarf seeds, and Premus wasn't one because I cut it off my short list. Vacillating...... :? :lol:
SO GLAD to be back! I was locked out for about three months, for some strange reason. :shock:

Missed you all terribly! :cry:

Return to “The Gallery”