Moth's gopher wars

Moth1992
Reactions:

Moth's gopher wars

Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:36 pm

Spring 2024 is here, my allergies are killing me and I am so busy at work I had no time to prep my garden plot for this season until yesterday.

Did a trip to home depot to get some smelly compost and off to work on the plot! Pulled all the bolted brocolis and letuces. Pulled the sad looking snap peas. Fixed my trellises. Put a nice layer of compost, its all ready for planting, I think ill put some lettuces and wait a couple of weeks before I put the tomatoes.

My strawberries have started flowering and my ground cherry is giving me some few very tasty fruits.

I want more snap peas but I found them temperamental. My county's local extension calendar has snap peas planted until may but that might be too warm, I dont know.

Now, I managed to win last years battle in the Gopher Wars with the use of a lot of metal. Its annoying since I cant use all the space and plant heavily, I need a gopher basket under everything. But it was worth it and suffered no casualties. The prior occupant if my plot came to congratulate me in winning the battle he surrendered to.
I hope this year is as successful.

That being said. One if them buggers is currently under my plot. I dont know why. It cant access any food. It hasnt managed to get anything. But there is a whole underground network under my plot right now. Go away little *Bleep* go eat the stuff in the neighbouring plots!

Julianna
Reactions:

Re: Moth's gopher wars

Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:45 am

I have good luck with snap peas all year round but the fog gets them to mildew like crazy. I think we have ground squirrels now in addition to the gophers. Hopefully you just have the one!
-julianna
10a Monterey Bay
Lover of Fogust, tomatoes, flowers, and pumpkins

Moth1992
Reactions:

Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:05 pm

@Julianna thats great to know! I love snap peas, i have some cuttings im rooting and ill start some seeds. I only wish they were better behaved.

worth1
Reactions:

Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:17 am

I only had to deal with gophers in one place.
It had Sandy soil.
There's gophers north of me but not where I am.
Worth
25 miles southeast of Waterloo Texas.

You can't argue with a closed mind.
You might as well be arguing with a cat.

Moth1992
Reactions:

Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:53 pm

So I already planted my tomatoes and peppers. Also lettuces and snap peas.

Its early for the tomatoes and the peppers but I was sick of tripping over them in the balcony and they where getting big.
Hopefully they dont get stunted.

Return to “Grow Logs(Glogs) And Video Logs(Vlogs)”