Re: Help me choose.....

Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:41 pm

I like Bloody Butcher and Kimberly.
North East Kansas, 6b

WoodSprite
Reactions:

Re: Help me choose.....

Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:22 pm

I know I'm really late to this conversation but I'm posting anyway. I've only grown two from your list:

Glacier - Flavor was very boring to not good for me. I ended up giving most of the fruits away. Green stinkbugs flocked to them, too.

Kimberly - I grew it once many years ago and don't remember it which tells me the flavor didn't stand out for me.

I don't put my plants out super early like you are wanting to do. I plant out in late May (I'm in the center of Pennsylvania). Varieties that have been early producers for me and I very much enjoyed the flavor are.:

Matina - I really like the flavor of the approx. 3 oz red fruits. They taste like "big red" tomatoes to me. I've grown it many times and it always produces really well for me. It's one of my favorite varieties.

Moskvich - I know you said you were undecided about it but I loved the flavor. It's on my "grow again when I have room in the garden" list. I bought my seeds from Johnny's Selected Seeds.
~ Darlene ~
My garden is made of multiple 6' diameter x 24" tall round stock tanks, located in a small clearing on our wooded property in the center of Pennsylvania. Hardiness zone 6b (updated). Heat zone 4.

Return to “Tomato Talk”