What's your favorite cure/treatment for flea beetles?

Gardadore
Reactions:

Re: What's your favorite cure/treatment for flea beetles?

Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:16 pm

I think with all the things I have tried against the flea beetles this summer the Spinosad (Captain Jack's Deadbug) has been the most effective followed by Surround. I find the Surround to be very messy but it does cover the leaves well. After Fay finishes with all the rain here I hope I can spray all 30 plants tomorrow with the Spinosad.
All eggplant are doing well despite the holes in their leaves. New leaves are relatively clean. Still need Sluggo for the slugs and check daily for Potato Beetles and their eggs. Fortunately have found them on only 5 plants and just one each plant. The Clavate Tortoise Beetle is another pest I have to watch for but I crush that with my fingers. It does leave a big hole! My eggplants are certainly popular with the critters this summer!
Last edited by Gardadore on Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

MissS
Reactions:

Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:43 pm

Captain Jack's is on the way. Serenade and Surround just arrived. Boy was Surround hard to find this time of the year. While I was at it I ordered more Neem and Copper as well. I picked up more Flea and Tick Shampoo for Dogs while I was out the other day so I hope that I am set for the year. :shock:
~ Patti ~

Gardadore
Reactions:

Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:29 am

Meant to say Surround in above posting rather than Serenade (which I should get for the tomato plants). I have corrected it.

Return to “Diseases, Pests & Cures”