My Garden Peach Adventure.

Everything About Tomatoes
TomHillbilly
Reactions:

My Garden Peach Adventure.

Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:29 pm

I'd read great things about Garden Peach. So I just had to grow a mater with peach fuzz. The first time I took a bite-- I thought you big dummy! You don't even like peaches with the skin on them. I'd given some leftover seedlings to a neighbor. He drove around giving his GP maters away to friends. He told them he didn't know what happened to his peach trees. But they bore the weirdest fruit this year--take a bite? He said they would all think on it short spell, and say. "That tastes more like a mater, than peach." He would then repeat the same reply, "You are the second person to tell me that." My buddy swore he pranked over a dozen people with that variety.
I generally pull the first diseased, or bad tasting varieties I find in the garden. No need to let them rob the soil. All 3 GP plants looked healthy, so I left them. In spite of the fact it was against the rules. Those ripe tomatoes stay fresh on the vines for weeks. I originally thought the variety was taunting and testing me. Making me pass by the ripened tomatoes each day, without picking them. I have a serious "compulsive ripe tomato picking disorder." I have no problem leaving a dirty dishes in the sink overnight. But not a ripened tomato on the vine. Later after the garden's end, I was researching long-keeper tomato varieties. I learned Garden Peach is considered worthy by some, to be mentioned at the bottom of the long-keeper list.
Last edited by TomHillbilly on Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wildcat62
Reactions:

Re: My Garden Peach Adventure.

Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:05 am

I tried them a few years ago & wasn't impressed.

Return to “Tomato Talk”