Seed Offer for Carolyn's seeds

Everything About Tomatoes
imp
Account Closed
Reactions:

Seed Offer for Carolyn's seeds

Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:44 pm

Shawn has posted the seed offer for Carolyn's seeds on Tomatoville this evening, with a google document spread sheet of the varieties he is offering for seed choices. This offer is in her memory, Carolyn had such massive amounts of knowledge and shared freely for so many years before her death, to so many, helping to introduce many to all sorts of tomatoes. She was a greatly knowledgeable lady, and also a great lady. It was my privilege to have her as a dear friend for many many years.
Last edited by imp on Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Together, trees make an ecosystem that tempers the extremes of heat & cold, stores lots of water, & makes a lot of humidity. In this environment, trees can live to be very old. To get to this point, the community must remain intact no matter what.

goodloe
Reactions:

Re: Seed Offer for Carlyn's seeds

Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:56 pm

I saw that earlier...forgot to re-post here. Thanks!!
I have 2 seasons: Tomato and pepper season, and BAMA Football season!

brownrexx
Reactions:

Re: Seed Offer for Carolyn's seeds

Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:04 am

I saw that yesterday as well and looked at the spreadsheet because I thought that it might be cool to grow something in her memory.

However I have never heard of most of these varieties. Are these varieties that people have created and named or are they just heirlooms that I have not heard of?

Lotte
Reactions:

Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:48 am

Many of the first sorts that are offered are from my collection.I have 'spoken' with Carolyn for some years too, and she knew many of the tomatoes.I have been collecting for many years and traded with a lot of people from around the world, and have been growing sorts that weren't that known worldwide, even though most are sold from different places.So nothing spooky about them.

imp
Account Closed
Reactions:

Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:18 am

Lotte, thank you for your work in helping bring so many wonderful varieties to many of us all.
Together, trees make an ecosystem that tempers the extremes of heat & cold, stores lots of water, & makes a lot of humidity. In this environment, trees can live to be very old. To get to this point, the community must remain intact no matter what.

Lotte
Reactions:

Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:37 am

@ imp - thank you.I find it great fun growing all these different ones not that wellknown all of them, and giving them through trades to others who happens to have many I don't know existed.I collect tomatoseeds like other people collect stamps, wine or what ever they have fallen in love with.

Return to “Tomato Talk”