ORCHIDS Anyone?

bjbebs
Reactions:

Re: ORCHIDS Anyone?

Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:47 am

Just went to Hausermann's website and no mention of their Feb. open house. Don't even know if they are open to the public anymore. The open house was timed for mainly phalaenopsis in bloom. Unbelievable sight to see these houses loaded up with flowers. They had a very indiscrete entry door, kinda like walking into a shed or a barn. As soon as that door closed the smell of wet bark mixed with humid air would hit you. A person could spend the better part of the day there and still not see it all.

Kurt
Reactions:

Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:51 pm

7EB8E958-D2A6-4B93-9501-21F38613BC51.jpeg
This is my rescued Vanilla Bean Orchid from Ian.It was stuck to a Lychee tree,moved to Bamboo stakes,the “suckers”have latched on to the bamboo.Some pods are showing hopefully.I am not a Orchid fan,besides Georgia Okeefs art.Wife makes me try.So following my motto,I do not grow anything if you can’t smoke it,drink it,or eat it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MissS
Reactions:

Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:03 am

bjbebs wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:47 am Just went to Hausermann's website and no mention of their Feb. open house. Don't even know if they are open to the public anymore. The open house was timed for mainly phalaenopsis in bloom. Unbelievable sight to see these houses loaded up with flowers. They had a very indiscrete entry door, kinda like walking into a shed or a barn. As soon as that door closed the smell of wet bark mixed with humid air would hit you. A person could spend the better part of the day there and still not see it all.
I used to go there with my mother years ago. What a sight to see when they had a greenhouse in full bloom. It was absolutely beautiful. They have so many different kinds of orchids that I could not even begin to choose a favorite.
~ Patti ~

Return to “Perennials”