Rumors of Bloomers

Let's see those Photos and videos!!
GoDawgs
Reactions:

Rumors of Bloomers

Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:43 am

Rumors of bloomers! Things sure are budding up fast around here. I'm so afraid that we're gonna catch a hard frost later that will kill off buds and any new growth that will push out after blooming.

This is one of two dwarf Indian Hawthornes, 'Georgia Petite', loaded with buds that will make pretty little pink flowers all over it.

Then there's a upright growing Indian Hawthorne called 'Rosalinda' that makes large pink flowers.

Meanwhile, there's blooming in the garden too. There's a clump of daffodils that just came up next to a bed one year. I have no idea where it came from but it looks more cultured than some wild daffy that just popped up. Been there a long time.

Yesterday I saw that the Georgia collard planted in the fall has decided it's time to wind down. I will save seed from this not because I'm going to do it again (there are better collards, IMHO) but because you just never know when seed might be needed.

And finally, the Heshiko scallions that had bolted are now in bloom.

I'll definitely save the seed from these. I tried them because they're a bunching onion and supposed to be rather perennial. In the fall I'm supposed to be able to divide the clumps and plant them anywhere or just leave them where they are and pull as needed. That bed will have peppers down the middle this spring so the scallions can stay where they are until fall and won't bother anybody.

Greenvillian
Reactions:

Re: Rumors of Bloomers

Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:50 am

Same thing going on up here! Collards are bolting, peach trees in bloom, blueberries ready to pop out flowers....spring is popping up fast. The last 2 springs we have had LATE frosts (April 22) that did significant damage.

Return to “The Gallery”