Mushrooms!

JayneR13
Reactions:

Re: Mushrooms!

Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:56 pm

It's been awhile since I posted an update, so here goes. I'm winding down my indoor grow tent so I can focus on summer gardening, which includes seeing if the wine cap bed I made in fall produces. I might also try the monotub outside since it hasn't worked worth beans inside. I think the temps are just too cool for it. I do have another lion's mane block fruiting. This is the first flush from this block.

lions mane fruiting.jpg

This is my very first red reishi block. These look like fruits, and I hope they are. The block I purchased last year formed antlers and I've read that getting reishi to conk indoors takes some skill. So I'll keep an eye out to see what happens.

red reishi fruiting.jpg

My white elm oyster. I had a plague of fungus gnats on it and hit it with a bleach solution. I've seen blocks on YouTube dipped in lime solutions to prevent contamination and thought bleach would be OK. Evidently the mycelia feel otherwise. Another one to keep an eye on to see what happens. I have harvested nearly 1/2 lb from this block so that's something.

white oyster dying.jpg

I'm down to six jars of grain spawn, which used up the last of my home brew liquid culture. I have all the materials necessary to make more in fall, including my own master cultures. So it shouldn't be hard to restart operations, once I'm rested from outdoor gardening. Our growing season here is short so it's 5-6 months of bust a move. How are you all doing?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Other Vegetables/Plant Identification”