looking for a very high quality rubber hose

Tormato
Reactions:

Re: looking for a very high quality rubber hose

Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:39 am

Rockporter wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:30 am
Tormato wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:48 am
Rockporter wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:55 am
Tormato wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:58 am WalMart has a hose guide/roller for $2.97.

My possible problem is that the roller is on a spike maybe about 7-8 inches long, my garden soil is extremely soft, and the hose is very heavy. I think the solution will be to bury some pipe that is about twice the length of that spike, and then slip the spike into the pipe.

This thread gets me thinking about the next showerhead that I'll eventually look for.

I want my sore body, after a day of filthy gardening, to take a pummeling massage with hot water. Perhaps a 3/4" ID garden hose, with an outdoor jet spray attachment will work in the shower? :roll:
I have two rollers about 4" apart for the hose to go between so I could keep it from getting caught on the brick wall leading into the garden and it worked great before we added the river rock to the area. The hose is too high now for those to work because the rock fills the area too much and your idea for that pipe buried and put the spikes into is a great idea.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Style-Selections/5013584775

I bought this wand a few months ago at Lowe's for the idea for an outdoor shower head. I use the shorter one for the garden and that water shoots out really well no matter what spray pattern I put it on and the ability to adjust the flow is perfect. I think this would work well for you. I plan to use an instant hot water heater when we build the outdoor shower, we just have to decide where to put it.

There are three to choose from-one very short, one middle length, and one long length-the link is for the long length which has the ability to move the angle of the shower head, and I use the middle length one in the garden so I don't have to bend too much.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Orbit-Max-8-Pa ... 1000168323
Do you know the inner diameter for the pipe on the Orbit Max?
Sorry, I don't and have no idea how to find that out. However I was just looking at the specs on this wand and you can't use hot water in it, bummer In the questions and answers someone addresses the water temps allowed because there is a discrepancy in the listing for min and max temps. The answer from them was that this wand is to be used only with cold water. Because I am in South Texas the ground water is already warm so I wouldn't need to heat it much. Hmm, maybe going another direction for shower head, lol I am glad you asked that question.
I was looking at a few outdoor watering systems, and ran across something rated for 160 degrees. I don't remember which one, but there are likely some things out there where hot water can be used.

Return to “Garden Tools and Equipment.”